RTL II (Hungary)
|Launched||1 October 2012|
|Owned by||RTL Group|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV) 16:9 1080i (HDTV)|
|Slogan||A név kötelez ("The name obliges")|
|Broadcast area||Hungary and neighbouring countries.|
|Sister channel(s)||RTL Klub|
In September 2011, RTL Klub started a project named RTL2 to launch a new RTL channel in Hungary. In April 2012, it was announced, that RTL will launch RTLII in September or in October with I Love Gjoni (reality show); Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (Hungarian version) and Heti Hetes (weekly comedy show on Sunday nights).
In July 2012, something started to promote on RTL Klub with these sentences: The Life is Nice, The Sky is Blue, The Grass is Green, but it was not mentioned that these ads are advertising something. In September 2012, it was revealed, that these ads advertised RTL2, the new commercial television channel that will launch on October 1, 2012 and it will replace Reflektor TV.
At the launch the prime-time schedule of RTL2 included series: Modern Family, White Collar, Terra Nova, Journeyman, The Forgotten, Chase, shows moved from RTL Klub: Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Heti Hetes and a new magazine Forró nyomon.
Programming aired by RTLII
- Szombat esti láz (Hungarian version of Dancing with the Stars)
- Forró nyomon (Hot on the Trail) - weekly news magazine focused on crime and cunsomer protection
- Legyen ön is milliomos!
- Heti Hetes (Weekly Seven) - weekly talk-show about current affairs
- Segítség, bajban vagyok! (Help, I'm in trouble!) - scripted reality-series
- Gazdálkodj okosan! reality series
- Péntektől péntekig (Friday to friday) - weekly tabloid magazine
- I Love Gjoni reality series
- Egy este... (One Night with...) - concert show