|Slogan||Le son Pop-Rock|
|First air date||6 January 1992|
|Former callsigns||M40 (1992-1994)|
In January 1992, RTL2 was created after a fusion of the stations Maxximum and Radio Métropolys, and afterwards RTL 2 was created, then named M40. The station was owned by Prisa (48.5% of the capital) and the RTL Group (with 35.75%).
In January 1995, M40 changed its name to RTL1 and later that year, after a complaint from Europe 1, the station had to change its name again to finally become RTL2.
Identity of RTL2
- 1995–1996: La musique qui rhytme la vie!
- 1996–1996: Le son soft-rock
- 1996–1998: Écoutez vos envies
- 1998–2005: Ce n'est pas de la radio, c'est de la musique
- Since 2005: Le son pop-rock