RFA Pearleaf (A77)
RFA Pearleaf (A77) in 1986
|Builder:||Blythswood Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Scotstoun, Glasgow|
|Launched:||15 October 1959|
|Commissioned:||15 January 1960|
|Decommissioned:||8 May 1986|
|Identification:||IMO number: 5272593|
|Class and type:||Leaf-class tanker|
|Displacement:||25,790 long tons (26,204 t)|
|Length:||568 ft (173 m)|
|Beam:||72 ft (22 m)|
|Draught:||30 ft (9.1 m)|
|Propulsion:||1 × 6-cylinder Doxford diesel engine, 1 shaft|
|Speed:||15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
Pearleaf and her sister ship Plumleaf (A78) were originally built by Blythswood Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, in Scotstoun, Glasgow, for and owned by Jacobs & Partners Ltd, London. They were both taken over on completion by the Ministry of Defence, on a 20-year bareboat charter.
Chartered in 1960, she served until 1986 and saw service during the Falklands War.
In 1993 she was sold to shipbreakers Nasir Trading Co. at Gadani Beach, Pakistan, where demolition commenced on 8 March 1993.