RFA Echodale (A170)

RFA Echodale (A170) was a Dale-class fleet tanker of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

History
United Kingdom
Name: RFA Echodale
Builder: Hawthorn Leslie and Company
Laid down: 8 January 1940
Launched: 29 November 1940
Commissioned: 4 March 1941
Decommissioned: 12 April 1959
Fate: Arrived at Spezia for scrapping on 20 September 1961
General characteristics
Class and type: Dale-class fleet tanker
Displacement: 16,798 tonnes full load
Length: 483 ft 4 in (147.32 m)
Beam: 59 ft 4 in (18.08 m)
Draught: 27 ft 6.5 in (8.39 m)
Propulsion: Burmeister & Wain 8-cylinder diesels with a single shaft 6,800 hp (5,100 kW).
Speed: 11.5 knots (21.3 km/h)
Complement: 44

She was decommissioned on 12 April 1959 and was laid up at Devonport Dockyard.


This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.