Quantcast is an American technology company, founded in 2006, that specializes in AI-driven real-time advertising, audience insights and measurement. The company claims that it has accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations. It has offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
|Type of business||Private|
|Industry||SaaS/PaaS (Software-as-a-Service / Platform-as-a-Service)|
|Products||Quantcast Advertise |
Quantcast was launched in 2006. The company claimed to be the first rating service to rely largely on direct measurement (as opposed to the traditional panel based method pioneered by Nielsen).
The company was built on the belief that digital advertising requires reliable data to be successful, so initially the primary aim was to gather detailed, real-time insights on audience characteristics across the internet. By placing tags on digital content across the open internet, the firm measures metrics such as audience age and gender makeup, areas of interest and type, length and frequency of their engagement with certain types of content. This private information is made publicly available to be used by marketers and publishers to accurately understand their audience in granular detail.
2009, Quantcast launched the real-time advertising side of their business, using all of the insight into human behavior they received from the direct measurement of audiences.
In 2013, the company acquired MakeGood Software, an advertising technology startup that simplifies data management and reporting for online advertising campaigns. The technology was subsequently integrated with Quantcast Advertise to enhance the reporting functions available for Quantcast campaigns. This nudged the company closer towards competition in the ad effectiveness category, which includes companies like comScore.
- 2013 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2012 WIRED Magazine: The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For
- 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies
- 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2011 Business Insider Digital 100: Quantcast Ranked #54
- 2010 Fast Company Most Innovative Companies - Web
- 2015 Glassdoor Employee's Choice Award, Best Places to Work
- 2016 Quantcast partnered with IAB Europe, IAB UK and the ANAs to create an educational program for industry professionals to understand the language, tools, and processes of the online advertising ecosystem.
- 2016 Business Insider: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016. Ranked #11.
- Vascellaro, Jessica E. (2009-07-06). "Quantcast Shakes up Ad-Targeting model". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Quantcast.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Horler, Rob. "How An Agency Adds Value In An AI Era". AdAge. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Are You Building A 21st Century Brand? Rte.ie (2018-04-05). Retrieved on 2018-05-24.
- Quantcast takes it first leap into Asia, launching in seven new marketings. TheDrum (2018-01-25). Retrieved on 201-05-24.
- "About Quantcast | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- Konrad Feldman: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com (2005-02-01). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- "Media Planning". mediasmith.com.
- "ARE YOU MAKING THIS MOMENT YOUR MOMENT?". adage.com. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Audience Measurement Firms Race To The Finish Line — But Not There Yet — Tech News and Analysis". gigaom.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast Acquires Startup MakeGood To Improve Ad Data Aggregation. TechCrunch (2013-01-08). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Kaplan, David. (2013-01-08) Quantcast Acquires Ad Effectiveness Analyst MakeGood Software. Adexchanger.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast buys Seattle online ad startup MakeGood Software. GeekWire. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Wohlsen, Marcus (2012-10-30). "The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For". Wired.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 1, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Most Valuable Startups 2011 Digital 100 Complete 1-100 List - Business Insider". Business Insider. 21 September 2011.
- "Most Innovated Companies - Web". Fast Company. 11 February 2010.
- "Fortune's Best Places to Work... - Quantcast Office Photo". Glassdoor. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "Real-Time Advertising Academy".
- "RANKED: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-06-29.