Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam is an Indian television romantic drama series, which premiered on 3 April 2006. It was broadcast on Star Plus channel Monday through Thursday at 8:00 pm IST. The story focuses on the concept of reincarnation and how everlasting love lasts between the lead pairs. The series is produced by Rajshri Productions, and stars Barkha Bisht and Indraneil Sengupta in the main lead.
|Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam|
Intertitle of Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
|Created by||Kavita K. Barjatya|
|Written by||Shashi Mittal |
|Directed by||Kaushik Ghatak |
|Creative director(s)||Gayatri Singh|
|Theme music composer||Dipti Mishra |
|Opening theme||"Pyaar Ke Do Naam" by Udit Narayan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||103|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rajshri Productions|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||3 April –|
28 September 2006
The story follows the reincarnating lives of a couple through three different generations. It opens with young students Radha, a simple girl aspiring to be a doctor, and Shyam, a playboy in the school. Initially, they dislike each other, but gradually begin to spend more time together and destiny makes them fall in love.
When Shyam visits a remote village Lakhanpur, it reminds him of his past life as Kishan, whereas Radha was Shyama. Due to a conflict in their village created by goons, Shyama jumps off a cliff and dies. When Kishan learns of this, he also commits suicide.
Back in the present, Radha and Shyam unite, but find out their families hate each other. A community conflict orders them to be killed.
The two are reborn again in the future as Radhika and Krishna, and again strive to be united in love as one.
- Barkha Bisht as Raadha / Shyaama / Radhika
- Indraneil Sengupta as Shyaam Sahaay / Kishan / Krishna (Krish)
- Muskaan Mihani as Maala
- Ramesh Deo as Dada Thakur
- Sonali Khare as Kav (Raadha's sister)
- Rakesh Pandey as Brijkishore (Raadha's father)
- Satyajit Sharma as Mr. Sahaay (Shyaam's father)
- Sadhana Singh as Mamta Sahaay (Shyaam's mother)
- Baby Tabassum as Kishan's Grandmother
- Shweta Gulati as Tanya
- Karishma Tanna as Jitisha
- Amrapali Gupta as Ginno
- Sangram Singh as Rohit
- Rucha Gujrati as Mahalaxmi
The serial started with a TRP of 6.2 and gradually fell to 1.3-1.8 due to the storyline changes.
- "First Look of Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam". RediffMOVIES. 3 April 2006.
- "View from the Couch on April 3". The Telegraph - Subhash K. Jha. 10 March 2006.