Punar Vivaah (International Title: Married Again) is an Indian soap opera that aired on Zee TV from 20 February 2012 replacing Bhagonwali-Baante Apni Taqdeer till 17 May 2013. It aired every Monday–Friday at 10:30 pm. The show was set in the city of Bhopal and revolved around lead characters Yash and Aarti.
|Punar Vivaah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara |
पुनर्विवाह-ज़िन्दगी मिलेगी दोबारा
|Created by||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Written by||Shobhit Jaiswal|
|Directed by||Manish Khandelwal|
|Creative director(s)||Karishmaa Chandna|
|Starring||Gurmeet Choudhary |
|Opening theme||Punar Vivah by Kamaal Khan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||Season 1: Punar Vivaah: 325|
Season 2: Punar Vivah - Ek Nayi Umeed: 148
|Producer(s)||Shashi Mittal |
Sumeet Hukamchand Mittal
|Editor(s)||Jay B Ghadiali|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Production company(s)||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV), 1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||20 February 2012 –|
17 May 2013
|Followed by||Season 2: Punar Vivah - Ek Nayi Umeed|
The first season concluded on 17 May 2013 and a second season titled Punar Vivah - Ek Nayi Umeed with new lead characters and a new storyline, replaced it from 20 May 2013.
Punar Vivaah is the story of two individuals, Yash (Gurmeet Choudhary) and Aarti (Kratika Sengar). Yash Scindia is a wealthy widower based in Bhopal and lives with his two daughters Payal and Palak. Aarti is a divorcée and lives with her son Ansh.
Aarti's in-laws and Yash's family want the two lonely hearts to get united in marriage. Aarti's in-laws decide to let Yash's family believe Aarti has been widowed like Yash. Yash and Aarti get married for the well being of their children and Aarti soon makes place for herself in Yash's joint family. Yash, however, continues to live with memories of his first wife Arpita. On a trip to Mumbai, Yash and Aarti come closer and Aarti confesses to him that she has fallen in love with him. Soon, Yash cuts short the vacation and they return home where Yash declares he has no relationship with Aarti and refuses to speak to her. After several days, Aarti is still clueless till she faints and is informed she is pregnant. She recalls that after consuming bhaang at a temple, they consummated their marriage and Yash believes she seduced him. Aarti finally confronts Yash and refuses to accept that the act of consummation was one-sided. She starts living with him again for the sake of their families but maintains a distance from him and hides her pregnancy from everyone.
Complications arise in Aarti's pregnancy but she chooses to leave with her son Ansh and boards a bus. Meanwhile, Yash's aunt discovers Aarti's pregnancy and the entire family finds out but only after Aarti has left. She meets with an accident and she and Ansh reach the hospital with help from her first husband Prashant. Yash sets out looking for her and Prashant discovers that Aarti is married to Yash. Yash and Aarti finally reunite at a mazaar and Yash and Aarti return home with Ansh as Prashant looks on. Meanwhile, Yash's younger brother Prateek and his wife Paridhi continuously argue about Paridhi's work hours as she goes off on shoots and her disregard for the family. Paridhi gets drunk for a shoot and sleeps with her producer who starts blackmailing her. In an altercation, Paridhi inadvertently hits him and he dies. Paridhi confides in her mother who tells her to stay quiet about all the events.
An ailing Prashant returns to his parents but is diagnosed with advanced stage cancer and requires a bone marrow transplant from his biological son Ansh. Prashant's mother Shobha is forced to ask for Aarti's help and they manage to get Ansh's bone marrow for Prashant's treatment whilst keeping it a secret from Yash and his family. Prashant is cured and refuses to leave home even as Aarti finally tells Yash about him and how he selfishly left her while she was pregnant with Ansh. Yash believes Aarti would want to return to her first love Prashant but Aarti sets out to prove that she loves only Yash even as Prashant decides to get her back. Prashant's aunt exposes Aarti's past before the Scindias who are shocked and unforgiving at first till Yash defends her. Aarti and Yash are banished to another part of the house and Yash's father instructs the family to sever ties with them and their children.
Prashant decides to plot against Yash and Aarti to separate them. However, eventually, Yash and Aarti reunite with the family and Yash brings Akash to the family. This creates tensions and Gayatri starts hating Yash who is revealed to be Suraj Pratap's son with his other wife Radha and was swapped at birth with Akash who is actually Gayatri's biological son. Akash and his wife Ishita have designs on the Scindia wealth and influence Gayatri who disowns Yash. Suraj Pratap instead, names Yash as the sole heir to his wealth. A fight breaks out between Akash and Yash and Gayatri is grievously injured. At the hospital, she finally realises her mistake and apologises to Yash and Suraj Pratap as she dies in Yash's arms.
A month later, Akash and Ishita manage to turn the family against Radha with only Yash and Aarti supporting her. They make Suraj Pratap and the family realise her value and Suraj Pratap decides to marry her to give her her rightful place. After he gets into trouble with his thug friends, Akash has a change of heart when Aarti rescues him and saves his life.
New complications arise after Aarti and Yash's son Aayu is born but someone kidnaps him soon after. The culprit is revealed to be Ishita. Ishita becomes obsessed with Yash creating problems between him and Aarti. They don't talk to each other for months after losing Aayu. Aayu returns to the family as an orphan who is adopted by Prateek and Paridhi. Aarti feels a strange connection with the baby and finds comfort in him. Aarti soon discovers the truth about Ishita and together with Yash, she gets Aayu back; however, seeing Paridhi's sad face, Aarti and Yash decide to give Aayu to Prateek and Paridhi. Ishita comes back and kidnaps Aayu again. However, Yash saves Aayu and gets Ishita arrested as the show ends with the Scindia family introducing the new characters for Season 2.
- Kratika Sengar as Aarti Yash Scindia
- Gurmeet Choudhary as Yash Scindia
- Shweta Munshi as Arpita Scindia, Yash's first wife
- Vineet Raina / Sarwar Ahuja as Prashant Dubey, Aarti's ex-husband
- Gita Tyagi as Shobha Dubey, Prashant's mother
- Amit Singh Thakur as Satyendra Dubey, Prashant's father
- Chetan Pandit as Suraj Pratap Scindia
- Zahida Parveen as Gayatri Scindia, Suraj Pratap's first wife
- Dolly Minhas as Radha, Suraj Pratap's second wife, Yash's biological mother
- Pallavi Rao / Ananya Khare as Suraj Pratap's sister
- Rakesh Kukreti as Brijain Scindia, Suraj Pratap and Gayatri's eldest son
- Samragyi Nema as Vidhi, Brijain's wife
- as Vedika, Brijain and Vidhi's daughter
- Dishank Arora as Prateek Scindia, Suraj Pratap and Gayatri's second son
- Leena Jumani as Paridhi, Prateek's wife
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Scindia, Suraj Pratap and Gayatri's second son who is raised by Radha
- Heena Parmar as Ishita, Akash's wife
- Divyam Dama as Ansh, Aarti and Prashant's son
- Palak Dey as Palak, Yash and Arpita's daughter
- Dhriti Mehta as Payal, Yash and Arpita's daughter
- Amita Udgata as Tai Ji, Prashant's aunt
It was dubbed in Telugu as Punarvivaham on Zee Telugu. It was dubbed in Tamil as Marumanam on Zee Tamil. The series was dubbed in English and aired on Zee World on DSTv.
In Pakistan, the show airs on Geo Kahani.
In Algeria, the show airs on Zee Alwan, under the name (فرصة ثانية Forsa Thania). In South Africa the show aired on Zee World dubbed in English. The series is also aired on Zee Magic in francophone Africa.
In Ile de la Reunion, the show airs on Antenne Réunion as Punar Vivaah dubbed in French.
In Mauritius, the show aired on MBC 2 on Sundays. In Vietnam the show aired on VTV9 under the title Hẹn Tái Hôn. The show was popular in Indonesia airing on ANTV channel and re-ran in Thailand on Zee Nung Channel (Zee Thailand).
In Iran, the show aired on GEM TV as Ezdevaj e Mojadad (meaning New Wedding in Persian). The series also aired in Iran with the name of ازدواج مجدد (Remarry), from 22 March to 12 July 2015.
- "MP on a roll in TV serials - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Punarvivaah with a new storyline - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Desk, India TV News (2 May 2013). "Gurmeet wishes luck to 'Punar Vivah 2'". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- https://whatsappdpgirl.com/married-again-season-2-full-story-plot-summary-casts-teasers-zee-world/. Missing or empty
- "Gurmeet comfortable doing romantic scenes with Kratika - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Kratika Sengar shares her feelings on Punar Vivah's ending". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Gurmeet responsible for Punar Vivah ending? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Vineet Raina replaces Sarwar Ahuja in Punar Vivah - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Prashant to die in Punar Vivah - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Zahida Parveen quits Punar Vivaah". Hindustan Times. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Dolly Minhas to enter Punar Vivah". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Ali Raza Namdar, Dolly Minhas, Maleeka Ghai in Punar Vivah - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Akshay Dogra to enter Punar Vivaah - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Heena Parmar to enter Punar Vivah - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Unnikrishnan, Chaya (14 December 2013). "'Punarvivah's' Ansh in 'Tumhari Paakhi'". DNA India. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Punar Vivaah - télé la Réunion". Punar Vivaah - télé la Réunion. Antenne Reunion Télévision. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "'Punar Vivaah' arrive sur Antenne Réunion". Punar Vivaah a la tele reunion. Antenne Reunion Télévision. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- ONLINE, TUOI TRE (7 January 2016). "Cô dâu 8 tuổi và phim ngoại ồ ạt lên truyền hình Việt". TUOI TRE ONLINE (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 18 August 2019.