Pulp and paper industry in Canada
The pulp and paper industry in Canada is one of the country's most important and profitable industries.. It is especially concentrated in Ontario and Quebec and plays an important role in many other provinces..
|Rank||Company||2012 Net Sales
|2012 Net Income (Loss)|
|2||Resolute Forest Products||4,503||(2)|
|4||West Fraser Timber||3,001||87|
|10||Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.||926||29|
In 2000, Canadian pulp, paper and paperboard companies had operating expenses of C$425.4 million on environmental protection with the majority ($263.3 million) used for pollution abatement. Capital expenditures totalled $234.8 million, with over half ($140.4 million) being spent on pollution prevention processes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pulp and paper industry in Canada.|
- "Global Forest, Paper & Packaging Industry Survey" (PDF). Price Waterhouse Cooper. 2013: 10–11. Cite journal requires
- TAPPI Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Forest Products Association of Canada
- An Update on the Paper and Allied Products Industry (Statistics Canada, 1999)
- Canadian Industry Statistics (Strategis)
- Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC)