Prohibition refers to the act of prohibiting a certain substance or act.
|Look up Prohibition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prohibition may refer to:
- Prohibition of alcohol, periods in several countries during which the manufacture, transportation, import, export, and sale of alcoholic beverages was or is restricted or illegal
- Prohibition of drugs
- War on Drugs, an American term commonly applied to a campaign of prohibition of drugs, military aid, and military intervention, with the stated aim being to reduce the illegal drug trade
- Prohibition sign ("no" symbol), a red circle with a diagonal line through it (running from top left to bottom right), covering a pictogram to indicate something is not permitted
- Prohibition (miniseries), a Ken Burns documentary on the American temperance movement and prohibition
- Writ of prohibition, in the United States, an official legal document drafted and issued by a supreme court or superior court to a judge presiding over a suit in an inferior court; the writ of prohibition mandates the inferior court to cease any action over the case because it may not fall within that inferior court's jurisdiction
- In the Quran, sura 66, At-Tahrim, is generally translated as "Prohibition"
- Prohibition (album), an album by French avant-garde singer Brigitte Fontaine