Professor Popper's Problem
Professor Popper's Problems was a film made in 1974 turned into a 6-part serial by Mersey Film Productions for the Children's Film Foundation.
|Professor Popper‘s Problems|
|Directed by||Gerry O'Hara|
|Written by||Richard Loncraine and Leo Maguire|
|Music by||Kenneth V. Jones|
|Distributed by||Mersey Film Productions|
|91 minutes (6 episodes)|
The film centres around a group of children who with the school professor get shrunk and then have to return to normal size.
A group of kids get involved in Professor Popper's (Charlie Drake) new secret formula and it leads to some strange happenings - including being chased by spies (Leo Maguire and Alan Curtis) who want the formula. Simon (Adam Richens) and the Professor accidentally put some of the material in their tea and suddenly they shrink to the size of bugs. Simon's friends Liz (Debra Collins), Angus (played by a very young Todd Carty) and Terry (Philip DaCosta) come looking for him and the two boys also get shrunk. It is up to Liz to sort it all out so everyone can return to normal size and also prevent the spies getting their hands on the formula.
- Episode 1. Into The Unknown.
- Episode 2. Descent To Danger.
- Episode 3. The Monster.
- Episode 4. Pursued.
- Episode 5. Follow That Skate.
- Episode 6. The Magic Powder.
- Charlie Drake as Professor Popper
- Adam Richens as Simon
- Debra Collins as Liz
- Philip DaCosta as Terry (as Philip da Costa)
- Todd Carty as Angus
- Karen Saunders as Carol
- Eric Holloway as Peter
- Milo O'Shea as Professor Crabbit
- Sydney Bromley as Crickle
- Richard Caldicot as Headmaster
- Alan Curtis as Grainger
- Leo Maguire as Rollins
- Keith Smith as P.C. Whitby
- Ruth Kettlewell as Meter Maid
- Professor Popper's Problem on IMDb
- Children's Film and Television Foundation, CFTF Films Catalogue
- Film information, screenshots, and synopsis