Professional Publishers Association
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA), formerly known as the Periodical Publishers Association, is a publishing industry body which promotes companies involved in the production of media in the United Kingdom.
Much of the PPA's work is carried out through events, committees and public relations work. Their committees include the Independent Publishers Network (IPN).
The PPA has a branch in Scotland to cater specifically for publishing businesses in that region.
The PPA accredits some university journalism and publishing programmes as well as recommending training suppliers.
The PPA Awards are run annually to recognise and reward PPA members and non-members in the publishing industry. The awards were relaunched in 2019 for the 39th Annual PPA Awards to incorporate and amalgamate the PPA Customer Direct Awards, the PPA MagSell Awards and the PPA Digital Awards to create a Grand Prix event.
The PPA Independent Publisher Conference & Awards is an all-day conference specifically aimed at the independent publishers in the publishing industry, and an awards night to celebrate the successes of independent publishers.
- "PPA Scotland". Professional Publishers Association.
- "PPA welcomes new Chairman Marcus Rich with an evening reception of cocktails and canapesPPA welcomes new Chairman Marcus Rich with an evening reception of cocktails and canapes". PPA. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- www.ukpresscardauthority.co.uk http://www.ukpresscardauthority.co.uk/. Retrieved 2019-02-22. Missing or empty
- "Press Cards". PPA. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "PPA Members". PPA.
- "Associate Members". PPA.
- PPA. "The PPA Awards". ppaawards.co.uk.
- "Big Changes as PPA Awards Relaunch for 2019". InPublishing.
- "The PPA Festival". ppafestival.co.uk.
- "PPA New Talent Awards". PPA 30 Under 30 / New Talent Awards.
- "Independent Publisher Conference and Awards". Independent Publisher Conference and Awards.
- "Evolved Media Breakfast Briefing". PPA. Retrieved 2019-02-22.