A film production budget determines how much money will be spent on the entire film project. It involves the identification and estimation of cost items for each phase of filmmaking (development, pre-production, production, post-production and distribution).
- Film Budgeting by Ralph S. Singleton (1996)
- Film Production Management by Bastian Clevé (2nd Ed, 2000)
- The Complete Film Production Handbook (3rd Ed, 2001)
- The On Production Budget Book by Robert J. Koster (1997)
- Production Management for TV and Film. The Professional's Guide by Linda Stradling 2010 (Methuen)
- "Accounting for Management". Production Budget. Retrieved 4 December 2012.