Prince Regent (TV series)
Prince Regent is a British period television series made and transmitted by the BBC in 1979. It depicts the life of George IV from his youth time as Prince Regent and his reign as King. It consists of eight episodes of 50 minutes.
|Written by||Ian Curteis|
|Directed by||Michael Simpson|
|Theme music composer||Carl Davis|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Original release||4 September –|
30 October 1979
- Peter Egan as George, Prince of Wales
- Nigel Davenport as King George III
- Keith Barron as Charles James Fox
- Frances White as Queen Charlotte
- Susannah York as Maria Fitzherbert
- Bosco Hogan as Frederick, Duke of York and Albany
- David Horovitch as Lt. Col. Lake
- Clive Merrison as Richard Sheridan
- Katy Durham-Matthews as Princess Mary
- Chrissy Iddon as Mary Robinson
- Robert Hartley as Lord Jersey
- Pat Nye as Frau Schwellenberg
The series won the make-up award (Toni Chapman) at the 1979 BAFTA television awards, and was nominated in the design (Barry Newbury, Barrie Dobbins), costume design (Raymond Hughes) and television cameraman (Rodney Taylor) categories.
Prince Regent is available on DVD in the UK through Simply Media.