Prince Pedro, Duke of Calabria
Prince Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria (Spanish: Pedro Juan María Alejo Saturnino y Todos los Santos; born 16 October 1968), is the only son of Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria (1938–2015) and his wife, Princess Anne of Orléans.
|Duke of Calabria|
Count of Caserta
|Head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (disputed)|
|Tenure||5 October 2015 – present|
|Born||16 October 1968|
Sofía Landaluce y Melgarejo (m. 2001)
|Father||Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria|
|Mother||Princess Anne of Orléans|
HRH The Duchess of Salerno
Pedro is currently one of two claimants to the headship of the House of the Two Sicilies, since the death of his father on 5 October 2015. The other claimant is Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro. Pedro is claimant to the Sovereignty of the Constantinian Order, Grand Master of the Order of Saint Januarius, President of the Council of the four Spanish Military Orders of Santiago, Calatrava, Alcántara and Montesa, and Grand Commander of the Military Order of Alcántara. He also bears the official dignity of Grandee of Spain as the son of an Infante of Spain.
The death of his grandmother in 2017 additionally made him the heir general of the Kings of Navarre (co-sovereign of Andorra), Castile, and Aragon, of Edward the Confessor and David I of Scotland, and genealogical representative of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, Louis XIII of France, Louis XVI of France and Charles X of France from whom he descends directly through the latter’s grand-daughter Louise Marie Thérèse of Artois. He graduated with honours in Agricultural Engineering from the University of Castilla-La Mancha and completed his military service in the Spanish Royal Guard.
Marriage and issue
Pedro married Sofía Landaluce y Melgarejo (born 23 November 1973 in Madrid), daughter of José Manuel Landaluce y Domínguez and his wife María de las Nieves Blanca Melgarejo y González (granddaughter of the Duque de San Fernando de Quiroga), on 30 March 2001 in Madrid. Pedro and Sofia have seven children:
- Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 26 June 1992 in Madrid), Duke of Noto (Duke of Capua 2012-2015), Grand Constable of the Order of Saint George and Reunion, Grand Prefect of the Constantinian Order, Knight of Alcántara, Knight of Honour and Devotion of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (born 26 June 1993)
- Prince Juan of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 18 April 2003 in Madrid)
- Prince Pablo of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 26 June 2004 in Madrid)
- Prince Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 3 January 2007 in Ciudad Real)
- Princess Sofía of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 12 November 2008 in Ciudad Real)
- Princess Blanca of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 7 April 2011 in Ciudad Real)
- Princess María of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 5 March 2015 in Ciudad Real)
- Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George (1986-2015)
- Grand Master of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George since 5 November 2015
- Grand Master of the Order of Saint Januarius since 5 November 2015
- Bailiff Grand Cross of Honour and Devotion of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Grand Commander of the Order of Alcantara (2014)
- President of the Royal Council of the Spanish Military Orders of Chivalry (Orders of Santiago, Calatrava Alcántara and Montesa) (appointed by HM King Juan Carlos I, 2014)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Knight of the Royal Maestranza of Ronda
- Knight of the Royal Maestranza of Seville
- Knight of the Royal Maestranza of Granada
- Knight of the Royal Maestranza of Valencia
- Knight of the Royal Maestranza of Zaragoza
- Protector of the Royal Corps of the Nobility of Madrid
- First Knight of the Royal Corps of the Nobility of Catalonia
- Knight of the Royal Military Establishment of the Principality of Gerona and Confraternity of Saint George
- Brother Protector of the Royal Brotherhood of the Infanzones of Illescas
- Knight, Maestrante of Honour and Protector of the Royal Maestranza of Knights of San Fernando
- Knight of the Royal Ancient and Illustrious Confraternity of Cubicularios Knights of San Ildefonso and San Atilano
- Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Illustrious Royal Confraternity of Our Lady of Portillo of Zaragoza
- Protector of the Royal Madrid Academy of Heraldry and Genealogy
- Commander of the Civil Order of Alfonso X the Wise (22 December 2017)
- President of the Foundation for the Protection of Nature
- President of the Foundation Lux Hispaniarum
- President of the Foundation of the Hospital of Santiago de Cuenca
- Patron of the Foundation of Commanderies of Santiago
- Vice-President of the Delegation of the Community of Castilla-La Mancha of the APD
- Prince Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies holds the Presidency of the Royal Council of the Spanish Military Orders of Chivalry and he is Grand Commander of the Spanish Order of Alcantara.
- Amadeo Rey (11 November 2010). "Prince Don Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Noto, Baylie Grand Cross of Honour and Devotion of the Order of Malta". Monarquia Confidencial. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- Darryl Lundy (10 May 2003). "Pedro di Borbone, Duca di Noto". m thePeerage.com. Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- Paul Theroff. "TWO SICILIES". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- de Badts de Cugnac, Chantal. Coutant de Saisseval, Guy. Nouvelle Imprimerie Laballery. Paris. 2002. pp. 404-405, 544-545 (French) ISBN 2-9507974-3-1
- Spanish Military Orders
- RECORDED: 03/01/2007 (Madrid) Birth of Prince Pedro de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Landaluce
3 January 2007
- RECORDED: 12/11/2008 (Madrid) Birth of Princess Sofia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies y Landaluce
- RECORDED: 07/04/2011 (Madrid) Birth of Princess Blanca of Bourbon-Two Sicilies y Landaluce Archived 27 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George (2008). "Membership of the Constantinian Order". g/ Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George. Archived from the original on 30 March 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2008.
- The Royal House of the Two Sicilies (2008). "MEMBERSHIP OF THE ROYAL ILLUSTRIOUS ORDER OF ST. JANUARIUS". g/ The Royal House of the Two Sicilies. Archived from the original on 9 January 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2008.
- Royal Council of the Spanish Military Orders of Chivalry (2014). "Presidents Gallery" (in Spanish). Royal Council of the Spanish Military Orders of Chivalry. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "S.A.R. El Duque de Calabria, Gran Maestre, recibe la Gran Cruz de la Orden del Santo Sepulcro". Orden Constantiniana - SACRA Y MILITAR ORDEN CONSTANTINIANA DE SAN JORGE (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Boletín Oficial del Estado
Prince Pedro, Duke of Calabria
Cadet branch of the House of BourbonBorn: 16 October 1968
|— TITULAR —
King of the Two Sicilies
2015 – present
Reason for succession failure:
Italian Unification under the House of Savoy
Prince Jaime, Duke of Noto
| Duke of Noto
1968 – 2015
Prince Jaime, Duke of Noto
|Titles in pretence|
Don Jaime de Borbón y Medina
| Line of succession to
the French throne (Legitimist)
c. 21st position
Prince Juan of Bourbon-Two Sicillies