Primorskaya railway was located near Saint Peterburg and it lay on the route Saint Peterburg, Sestroretsk, Beloostrov. The railway was served by steam locomotives from the moment of opening and before joining to Oktyabrskaya railway in 1925.
Many articles refer to the "Joint-stock company of the Prinorskaya St.-Peterburg-Sestroretsk railway". It is not known whether the misspelling of Primorskaya actually appeared in the company's title. The title implies that the western terminus of the railway was intended to be Primorsk but it did not reach Primorsk within the lifetime of the company.
The line was constructed in three parts:
- Ozerki line, opened July 23, 1893
- Primorskaya Line
- first stage opened July 12, 1894
- second stage opened October 31, 1894
- third stage opened November 26, 1894
- Tovarnaya line, opened May 1904
The route of the line in the Saint Petersburg area is difficult to follow because various changes were made between 1894 and 1928. Of particular note was the closure of Primorsky Rail Terminal (due to flooding) in 1924 and the re-routing of trains to Finlyandsky Rail Terminal.
For technical needs and for travel of trains technical stops were necessary.
|Name||Opened||Closed||Number of track||Loсation||Coordinates||Line||Previous stop||Next stop||Image||In Russian|
|Serdobolskaya stop||1904||1929||2||60, Serdobolskaya street||59°59′19″N 30°19′1″E||Tovarnaya line||Primorsky Rail Terminal, Novaya derevnya||Flugov post||Russian: Сердобольская|
|Primorsky - goods||1924?||2||Tovarnaya line||Serdobolskaya stop||Russian: Приморский-товарный|
|Sestroretsk armory||2||2, Voskova street||60°5′55″N 29°57′57″E||Sestroretsk railway station||Russian: Сестрорецкий завод|
|Sestroretsk armory, horse-iron road||1847||before 1870||2?||2, Voskova street||60°05′37″N 30°02′0″E||Dubki horse-iron road||Dubkovsky pier||Russian: Сестрорецкий завод|
|Shunting loop 2 verst; after the 1980s - Yakhtennaya||July 12, 1894||1924||2||Near Primorsky prospect and Yakhtennaya street corner||59°59′30″N 30°03′16″E||Primorskaya line||Novaya Derevnya||Shunting loop Dum||Russian: Разъезд вторая верста|
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, steam tram engines were used, as shown below.