Prime Minister's Office (Bangladesh)
The Prime Minister's Office of Bangladesh (Bengali: প্রধানমন্ত্রীর কার্যালয় — Pradhān-mantrīr Kārjāloẏ) is the governmental ministration office with the responsibility of coordinating the actions of the work of all governmental ministry offices, on various matters, and serving and assisting the prime minister of Bangladesh in her daily work. It is located at Tejgaon in Dhaka city. Unlike many other countries, the Office of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh does not serve as her residence place as well, and in addition to her daily work office, she resides elsewhere, at the official residence of the prime minister called Gonobhaban in Sher-e-Bangla Nagor, Dhaka.
Seal of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh
|Headquarters||Prime Minister's Office, Old Sangsad Bhaban, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh.|
Before 1991 it was the President Secretariat and prior to the using of President Secretariat, this building was being used as Parliament of Bangladesh till February 1982 when it moved to the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
The Office is located with a complex with a tree lined park and across from Tejgaon Airport.
Services and activities
Prime Minister's Office (PMO) is a division and equivalent to the ministry. Allocation of Business Among the different ministries and divisions has allocated some responsibilities. It provides:
- Secretarial assistance to the Prime Minister.
- Assistance to the Prime Minister in the discharge of his/her responsibilities as and when necessary.
- Assistance to the Prime Minister in the discharge of his/her Parliamentary responsibilities.
- Matters relating to Politics.
- Administration including financial matters of PMO.
- National Security Intelligence (NSI).
- Coordination of all Intelligence Agencies.
- NGO Affairs.
- Matters Relating to Board of Investment (BOI).
- Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority.
- Administration and supervision of subordinate offices and organizations under this office.
- Prime Minister's Security including Special Security Force.
- Administration of Prime Minister's Discretionary Fund.
- Messages and Addresses of the Prime Minister.
- Reception of Foreign Heads of Government and dignitaries.
- Arrangement of Protocol and Ceremonials.
- Tours of the Prime Minister inside country (Foreign tours to be organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Liaison with International Agencies and matters relating to treaties and agreements with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects assigned to this office.
- All laws on subjects assigned to this office.
- Inquiries and statistics on any of the subjects assigned to this office.
- Fees in respect of any of the subjects assigned to this office except fees taken in courts.
- Such other functions as may be assigned to this office from time to time.
Office Under PMO
- Cabinet Division
- Armed Forces Division
- National Economic Council
- Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA)
- Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority (BEPZA)
- Bangladesh Investment Development Authority
- Board of Investment
- Privatization Commission, Bangladesh
- Public-Private Partnership Authority (PPPA)
- Governance Innovation Unit (GIU)
- National Security Intelligence (NSI)
- NGO Affairs Bureau
- Special Security Force
- Sub-regional Co-operation Cell (SRCC)
- Private Export Processing Zone (PEPZ)
- "Designated Officers". infocom.gov.bd. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Prime Minister of Bangladesh - PM Office email address". MediaBangladesh.net. Retrieved 11 September 2015.