Prima televize (previously Prima family, originally Premiéra) is a Czech private television station. Its channel is broadcast from Prague. Its current owner is FTV Prima, spol. s r. o., general manager Marek Singer.
|Launched||26 November 1992 (test broadcast)|
20 April 1993 (official broadcast)
|Owned by||FTV Prima|
|Audience share||4.3% (April 2012, Anne)|
|Sister channel(s)||Prima Cool, R1, Prima love|
The channel has been broadcast since 26 November 1992. First only in Prague and Central Bohemia under the name FTV Premiéra; later Premiéra TV. It has held a broadcasting licence since 1994 with a condition that a part of the broadcasting time will be used for local and regional broadcasters. But in fact their total proportion of local programming has been gradually lowered. Since 1997, the name of station has been Prima televize (which in Czech means "cool television"). In 2003, Prima's broadcasting licence was extended until 28 June 2018.
In autumn 2005, a 50% stake was purchased by MTG., since this date, the channel has also aired many new western TV series such as Bones, Heroes, The Closer, Medium, Criminal Minds, Monk and many more, although Prima has many years of broadcasting of German and French crime series. See the Foreign series section.
Renaming into Prima family
As 31 October 2011, Prima's owner reported the channel's cancellation as of 1 January 2012. Prima TV has ended and since 4:47 AM is substituted by Prima family. Its first show was Finding Nemo.
The network has been criticised for its biased anti-migrant position during the European migrant crisis.
Julie Lescaut (1999–2001, 2010–current) Une femme d'honneur (1999–2001, 2009–current) Der Bergdoktor (1996–?) Der Bulle von Tölz (1998-current) Ein Fall für zwei (2000–2004, 2006–2007, 2008) Tatort (2003-?, 2011-current) Countdown - Die Jagd beginnt (2011) Die Cleveren (2011, 2012) Kommissar Rex (1996–current) Notruf Hafenkante (2011–current) SK Kölsch (2006–2007, 2009–2011) Dr. Ludsky (plot based on Dr. House) Panelák Drahá tchýně (2013) Midsomer Murders (1999–current) 7th Heaven Bones Close to Home Columbo (1990s–current) Criminal Minds (2006–2013) Crossing Jordan Desperate Housewives Friends (2009) Grey's Anatomy Heroes Home Improvement (1990s, 2011) Charmed (2002–2006, 2009–2012) Justice Knight Rider (1999, 2007, 2010, 2012) Law & Order (2007–2008) Lie to Me Lipstick Jungle Love Bites M*A*S*H (2000–2012) Malcolm Middle (2008) Medium Men in Trees Monk Murder, She Wrote NYPD Blue Renegade Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2003, 2007, 2008, 2012-current) Sex and the City Supernatural The Bold and the Beautiful The Closer (2008-current) The Land Before Time The Nanny The Pretender Vanished Will & Grace (2007–2009)
Telenovelas broadcast in past
Más allá del horizonte (2.1.1997 - 23.12.1997) História de Amor(11.7.1998 - 5.2.1999) A Próxima Vítima (28.7.1998 - 15.2.1999) La culpa (15.10.1998 - 10.2.1999) Antonella (11.2.1999 - 4.10.1999) Por Amor (16.2.1999 - 19.8.1999) Llovizna (20.8.1999 - 14.3.2000) Perla (26.4.2000 - 2.3.2001) Manuela (5.3.2001 - 5.2.2002) Cuando seas mía (6.2.2002 - 14.2.2003) Mi Destino Eres Tú (17.2.2003 - 1.7.2003) Carissima (2.7.2003 - 25.11.2003) Por un beso (12.8.2003 - 26.1.2004) La Mentira (26.11.2003 - 30.4.2004) Laços de Família (3.5.2004 - 6.12.2004) Alma Rebelde (3.1.2005 - 9.5.2005) La duda (10.5.2005 - 13.10.2005) Sofía dame tiempo (14.10.2005 - 31.3.2006) Ángel rebelde (28.2.2006 - 18.1.2007) Gata salvaje (28.2.2006 - 8.3.2007) Pasión de Gavilanes(19.1.2007 - 17.10.2007) Sos mi vida (9.3.2007 - 8.2.2008)
Foreign children series and its broadcast history
LEGO NEXO Knights (2017-current) Ninjago (2009–2010) El patito feo (1998) Oggy and the Cockroaches (2008–2009) Ferdy Die Ameise (2016-current) Pokémon (2010s) A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (2006, 2008) Littlest Pet Shop (2015) Dexter's Laboratory (2008) My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (2018-current) New Woody Woodpecker Show (2008–2009) Woody Woodpecker (1940-1960) (2004) PAW Patrol (2018-current) Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks (2002) Samurai Jack (2008) Scooby and Scrappy-Doo (2008) Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries (2001, 2003, 2007–2009) Tazmania (2006) The Huckleberry Hound Show (2003) The Little Mermaid (Disney) (2013) The New Scooby-Doo Movies (2006, 2008) The New Yogi Bear Show (2001, 2003) The Powerpuff Girls (2008, 2017-current) The Tom and Jerry Show (2001, 2008–2009) The Yogi Bear Show (2000) Tom and Jerry (1996–1997, 1999–2001) Tom and Jerry Comedy Show (2003) Tom and Jerry Kids Show (2008–2009) Tom and Jerry Tales (2008–2009) What's New, Scooby-Doo? (2006) Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck shorts (1997) Looney Tunes (2003) The Flintstone Comedy Show (1995) Top Cat (2008) Tutenstein (2008, 2012) Nu Pogodi! (1999-2000, 2017-current) Matilda and the Ramsay Bunch (2016–present) Pet Squad (2017-current)
Original Prima shows
- Ano, šéfe! (Based on Kitchen Nightmares)
- Bar (Based on The Bar)
- Česko Slovensko má talent (Based on Got Talent)
- Farmář hledá ženu (Based on Farmer Wants a Wife)
- Chůva v akci (Based on Supernanny)
- Hledá se táta
- Hotel Paradise (Based on Paradise Hotel)
- Jak se staví sen
- Jste to, co jíte (Based on You Are What You Eat)
- Mladší o pár let (Based on 10 Years Younger)
- Na nože (Based on MasterChef)
- Nahá jsi krásná (Based on How to Look Good Naked)
- Trosečník (Based on Survivor)
- VyVolení (Based on Való Világ)
- Autosalon (motorcar magazine, Saturday mornings)
- Prima SVĚT (international stories magazine, Sunday mornings)
- Partie (political discussion, Sundays 11:00–11:45 am)
- Receptář prima nápadů (do-it-yourself magazine, Sundays 12:00–1:00 pm)
- Minuty regionu ("Minutes of a region", weekdays 5:40–5:50 pm)
- Regionální zpravodajství ("Regional news", weekdays 5:40–5:50 pm)
- Fakta Barbory Tachecí ("Facts", weekdays 5:50–6:00 pm)
- Prostřeno (cooking show, based on Come Dine with Me, weekdays 6:00–6:55 pm)
- Jak se staví sen ("How you build a dream", Saturdays 6:00–7:00 pm)
- S Italem v kuchyni (cooking show, Sundays 6:00–7:00 pm)
- Velké zprávy ("Main news", every day 6:55–7:40 pm)
- Divošky ("Wild broadcast", every day 7:40–7:55 pm)
- TOP STAR ("TOP STAR", every day 7:55–8:15 pm)
- Hádej, kdo jsem (show, Mondays 8:00–9:15 pm)
- Top Star magazín (periodical about celebrities, Wednesdays 9:15–10:25 pm)
- Show Jana Krause (talk show, Fridays 9:45 pm)
- Partička (improvisation comedial show, Mondays 10:45 pm)
- Nic než pravda (Nothing but the truth, based on The Moment of Truth)
- Happy Birthday Share Television Anne
- "Představení společnosti". Prima TV (in Czech). 24 July 2009. Archived from the original on 1 July 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Prima Televize po Silvestru skončí, nahradí jí její rodinnější verze". Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- How a media mogul helped turn Czechs against refugees
- "Pořad Show Jana Krause" (in Czech).