Location in Slovenia
|Coordinates: 45°43′50.64″N 14°10′57.94″E|
|Traditional region||Inner Carniola|
|Statistical region||Littoral–Inner Carniola|
|• Total||3.88 km2 (1.50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||545 m (1,788 ft)|
Prestranek is the location of Prestranek Castle, an estate first mentioned in written sources in 1581. In 1728 it was bought by Emperor Charles VI and managed together with the Lipica stud farm. It operated as a royal farm until the First World War, when it was taken over by the army. After the Second World War it was again revived as part of the Lipica Estate. In the 1990s it was privatized and now operates as an equestrian centre.