Preston Cole is an American conservationist and politician, who is the Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources in the Cabinet of Governor Tony Evers. Cole previously served as the Chair of the State Natural Resources Board. He was first appointed to the board by Governor Jim Doyle and reappointed by Governor Scott Walker.
Cole previously served as the Commissioner of the City of Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services. Prior to that, Cole was the Director of Operations for the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works. Additionally, he previously served as the Parks Superintendent for the City of St. Louis, as well as a Forester for the Missouri Department of Conservation.
Cole received a Bachelor of Science degree in Forest Management from the University of Missouri and was the first African American to graduate from the degree program. Cole was involved with Future Farmers of America in high school.
- "Governor-elect Evers Announces Key Cabinet Appointments" (PDF). www.thewheelerreport.com. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Natural Resources Board Chairman Preston Cole -- Wisconsin Natural Resources magazine -- June 2014". dnr.wi.gov. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Wisconsin's Green Fire Applauds Selection of Preston Cole as DNR Secretary" (PDF). www.thewheelerreport.com. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Preston Cole promises to lean on science in DNR decisions after Tony Evers appoints him to run agency". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Evers picks Milwaukee leaders for top Cabinet slots". thestate. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- WBAY. "The Latest: Evers defends Cabinet picks from Milwaukee". www.wbay.com. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Gov.-Elect Tony Evers names Preston Cole new DNR secretary". Outdoornews. 2018-12-19. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "Commissioner". city.milwaukee.gov. Retrieved 2018-12-21.