Pravda is a satirical play by David Hare and Howard Brenton exploring the role of journalism in society. It was first produced at the National Theatre in London on 2 May 1985, directed by Hare and starring Anthony Hopkins in the role of Lambert Le Roux, white South African media mogul. It is a satire on the mid-1980s newspaper industry, in particular the Australian media and press baron Rupert Murdoch. Its title refers to the Russian Communist party newspaper Pravda.
- Andrew May - Tim McInnerny
- Bill Smiley - Richard Hope
- Bishop of Putney - Daniel Thorndike
- Cartoonist - William Sleigh
- Cliveden Whicker-Baskett - Guy Williams
- D P P Payne - Christopher Baines
- Donna Le Roux - Zoe Rutland
- Eaton Sylvester - Bill Nighy
- Elliot Fruit-Norton - Basil Henson
- Hamish McLennan; Hannon Spot - Fred Pearson
- Harry Morrison - Ron Pember
- Jack ‘Breaker’ Bond - Bill Moody
- Journalist - Robert Ralph
- Journalist - Paul Stewart
- Lambert Le Roux - Anthony Hopkins
- Larry Punt - Mark Jax
- Leander Scroop - Nigel Le Vaillant
- Lord Silk; Ian Ape-Warden - Olivier Pierre
- Michael Quince M.P. - Peter Blythe
- Miles Foley; Mac ‘Whipper’ Wellington; *Doug Fantom - Ian Bartholomew
- Moira Patterson - Patricia Franklin
- Newsvendor - Glenn Williams
- Photographer - Desmond Adams
- Princess Jill - Harriet Thorpe
- Rebecca Foley - Kate Buffery
- Sir Stamford Foley - Ivor Roberts
- Suzie Fontaine - Miranda Foster
- Waiter - Norman Warwick
- "Production of Pravda | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Pravda - Drama Online". www.dramaonlinelibrary.com.
- "BBC - The National Theatre At 50: Pravda - Media Centre". www.bbc.co.uk.
- Publications, Europa (November 24, 2003). "International Who's Who of Authors and Writers 2004". Psychology Press – via Google Books.
- Lee, Alex Sierz and Marc (August 25, 2006). "Return to the street of shame" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Pravda | Samuel French". www.samuelfrench.com.
- Brenton, Howard; Hare, David (May 21, 2015). "Pravda". Bloomsbury Publishing – via Google Books.
- Literary Encyclopaedia
- Chicago Tribune review of production in 2005
- Study Guide for Play by Timeline Theater, Chicago IL USA