The beautiful wife of Daksha
Marriage and children
Marriage of Daksha and Prasūti was the first marriage in Hinduism. Daughters were born to them; some of them are: Svaha (wife of her uncle Agni), Swadha (wife of Pitras) and Sati (the first wife of Shiva). Another daughter, Khyati, is married to the sage Bhrigu; their child is the great goddess of beauty and wealth – Lakshmi.
- Panchajani (another wife of Daksha)
- Suresh Chandra. Encyclopaedia of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. p. 252.
- Prasuti is the youngest daughter of her parents.
- Hansa B. Bhatt (2004). A critical study of the Mahābhāgavatapurāṇam. p. 492. "Daksa accompanied by his wife Prasuti..."
- B. K. Chaturvedi i Bhojraj Dwivedi (2016). Linga Purana. "Daksha married Prasuti and they had twenty four daughters..."