Prague British International School
Prague British International School (PBIS), previously Prague British School (PBS), is a British international school in Prague, Czech Republic. It is an independent English language, multinational day school, providing British education for children aged between 20 months and 19 years. It has three campuses: the Kamýk and Libuš campuses in Prague 4, and the Vlastina campus in Liboc, Prague 6.
In 1996, the school introduced the IGCSE programme. The school, established as the British International School Prague (BISP) in 1992, changed its name to Prague British School in 2006. BISP had 500 registered students at the time.
PBS pupils up to Year 9 follow the National Curriculum for England. Pupils in Years 10 and 11 follow the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), followed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma in years 12 and 13.
|Campuses in Prague|
- Kamýk in Prague 4 serves ages 2–14. It is a large site located in the south east of Prague. Since 2004, it had been the main pre-merger PBS school site, housing a Foundation Stage Unit, Primary and Senior School and the school administration. Approximately 550 students attend the Kamýk site. Since 2004, it has undergone extensive reconstruction, including the building of new outdoor sports facilities, a theatre and a new dining room and kitchen, a new Senior School library and multimedia center.
- Libuš campus in Prague 4, serving ages 14–18 and having International Baccalaureate and IGCSE courses. It has a 6,782-square-metre (73,000 sq ft) building on a 18,029-square-metre (194,060 sq ft) plot of land. It belonged to the pre-merger The English International School Prague and opened in 2007.
- Vlastina in Liboc, Prague 6, serves ages 3–14. It opened in 2008 and as a pre-merger PBS campus it had Foundation Stage Unit and Primary School only. Graduates then transferred to the senior school at Kamýk to continue. It had approximately 250 students.
The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) describes PBS as "an established school of quality and distinction" adding "All teaching staff are highly qualified and experienced graduate teachers, with relevant experience of the National Curriculum, IGCSE and IB programmes." The British Embassy in Prague actively takes part in various PBS activities.
- "PBS School History". Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "PBS & EISP Together". British International School of Prague. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "One School, Three Campuses." Prague British International School. Retrieved on 4 January 2019. "Vlastina campus Vlastina 19 161 00 Praha 6" and "Kamýk campus K Lesu 558/2 142 00 Praha 4" and "Libuš campus Brunelova 960/12 142 00 Praha 4 "
- "History of the new campus". Prague English International School. 2007-11-03. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- "Our new campus ." The English International School Prague. 4 March 2008. Retrieved on 5 January 2019.
- "Vlastina Archived 2015-02-21 at the Wayback Machine." Prague British School. Retrieved on 20 February 2015. "Address: Vlastina 19, Prague 6" and "The school is located in Vlastina street in the area of Liboc in the west of the city."
- "Vlastina". Prague British School. 2012-01-15. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- Council of British International Schools: Prague British School