Potiphar's Wife (1931 film)
Potiphar's Wife is a 1931 British romance film directed by Maurice Elvey and starring Nora Swinburne, Laurence Olivier and Guy Newall. It is also known as Her Strange Desire. It was based on a play by Edgar C. Middleton.
|Directed by||Maurice Elvey|
|Produced by||John Maxwell|
|Written by||Maurice Elvey |
|Starring||Nora Swinburne |
|Edited by||Leslie Norman|
|Distributed by||First National-Pathé Pictures|
- Nora Swinburne as Lady Diana Bromford
- Laurence Olivier as Straker
- Norman McKinnel as Lord Bromford
- Guy Newall as Maurice Worthington
- Donald Calthrop as Counsel for Defense
- Ronald Frankau as Major Tony Barlow
- Betty Schuster as Rosita Worthington
- Marjorie Brooks as Sylvia Barlow
- Walter Armitage as Geoffrey Hayes
- Henry Wenman as Stevens
- Gibb McLaughlin as Chauffeur
- Elsa Lanchester as Therese
- Henry Vibart as Judge
- Potiphar's Wife film details, ftvdb.bfi.org.uk; accessed January 20, 2016.
- Wood p.69
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.