Police Dog (film)
|Directed by||Derek Twist|
|Produced by||Harold Huth|
|Written by||Derek Twist|
|Music by||Bretton Byrd|
|Edited by||Gordon Pilkington|
Douglas Fairbanks Productions (as Westridge Fairbanks)
|Distributed by||Eros Films (UK)|
|May 1955 (UK)|
Turner is a policeman whose partner has been killed. While he adjusts, he is placed in charge of a stray Alsatian dog now being used for police work. Meanwhile his partner's killer decides to break into a safe. After the break-in, Turner and his dog find the man and bring him to justice.
- Pat Lewis - Joan Rice
- Frank Mason - Tim Turner
- The Blonde - Sandra Dorne
- Sergeant - Charles Victor
- The Dog - Rex III
- Mrs Lewis - Nora Gordon
- Crook - Cecil Brock
- C.I.D. inspector - John Le Mesurier
- Police Constable Hill - James Gilbert
- Police Constable Johnny - Christopher Lee
- Man on the Heath - Ian Fleming
TV Guide noted an "average police drama, produced under the auspices of Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.'s, production company." Radio Times called the film a "competent quota quickie...It's hardly a baffling mystery even Scooby-Doo would have sussed it! However, it's always nice to see class acts like John Le Mesurier and Christopher Lee, no matter how briefly."
- Pohle, Robert W.; Hart, Douglas C.; Lee, Christopher (January 1983). The films of Christopher Lee. Scarecrow Press. p. 28. ISBN 978-0-8108-1573-5. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Walker, John (1 October 2005). Halliwell's Film, Video & DVD Guide 2006. HarperCollins UK. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Police Dog Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Police Dog | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2014.