Play It Cool (film)
Play it Cool is a 1962 British musical film directed by Michael Winner and starring Billy Fury, Michael Anderson Jr., Helen Shapiro, Bobby Vee, Shane Fenton, Danny Williams, Dennis Price, Richard Wattis, Maurice Kaufmann and Anna Palk. The film tells the story of a struggling singer, Billy Universe (Billy Fury), and his band, who befriend an heiress who, against the wishes of her father, (Dennis Price), is searching for her lover who she has been forbidden to see and who she is hoping to elope with. The plot takes the main characters to a succession of nightclubs where the other stars are performing. There are guest appearances by Lionel Blair and Bernie Winters as well as Norrie Paramor, who was the Sir George Martin of his day. The only hit from the songs featured in the film was Fury's rendition of "Once Upon a Dream".
|Play it Cool|
British theatrical poster
|Directed by||Michael Winner|
|Produced by||David Deutsch|
|Screenplay by||Jack Henry|
Michael Anderson Jr.
|Music by||Norrie Paramor|
|Cinematography||Reginald H. Wyer|
|Edited by||Tristam Cones|
Coronado Productions Ltd.
|Distributed by||Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors|
- Billy Fury - Billy Universe
- Michael Anderson, Jr. - Alvin
- Helen Shapiro - Herself
- Bobby Vee - Himself
- Dennis Price - Sir Charles Bryant
- Richard Wattis - Nervous Man
- Danny Williams - Himself
- Shane Fenton - Himself
- Jimmy Crawford - Himself
- Lionel Blair - Himself
- Anna Palk - Ann Bryant
- Felicity Young - Yvonne Pemberton
- Ray Brooks - Freddy
- Jeremy Bulloch - Joey
- Maurice Kaufmann - Larry Granger
- Peter Barkworth - Skinner
- Bernie Winters - Sydney Norman
- "Play It Cool (1962)". Bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Play It Cool (1963) - Michael Winner - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)