The plastics industry manufactures polymer materials — commonly called plastics — and offers services in plastics important to a range of industries, including packaging, building and construction, electronics, aerospace, and transportation.
Besides plastics production, plastics engineering is an important part of the industrial sector. The latter field is dominated by engineering plastic as raw material because of its better mechanical and thermal properties than the more widely-used commodity plastics.
Plastics production grows globally. The numbers include thermoplastics and polyurethanes, as well as thermosets, adhesives, coatings and sealants and PP-fibers. Data was gathered by PlasticsEurope (PEMRG) and Consultic.
- European Polymer Federation (scientific)
- PlasticsEurope (trade association)
- Plastics Recyclers Europe (industry association)
- British Plastics Federation (trade association)
Countries and sites
- Plastics 2020 Challenge
- Plastics Free July
- NPE - National Plastics Expo (USA)
- Chinaplas (China)
- K (Germany)
- Plastimagen (Mexico)
- Plastivision (India)
- Plastpol (Poland)
- Interplas (United Kingdom)
- Interplastica (Russia)
- "Plastics – the Facts 2014/2015; An analysis of European plastics production, demand and waste data" (PDF). www.plasticseurope.org.
- "consultic - consultic". www.consultic.de. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
Media related to Plastics industry at Wikimedia Commons