A pizza party is a social gathering at which pizza is served.
Typically, a pizza that is 10 to 14 inches wide will feed two people. Since pizzas can include a very wide variety of toppings, one particular type of pizza party allows the party-goers to create their own custom-made pizza, using a selection of ingredients from among the toppings provided by the party's host.
When a pizza party does not include any custom-made pizzas, and the particular preferences of the guests are unknown, it is common to include at least one plain cheese-only or vegetable-only pizza for people who are averse to meats or other available toppings.
|Part of a series on|
- "The pizza party". Teaching Children Mathematics. 22 (7): 398–400. March 2016. doi:10.5951/teacchilmath.22.7.0398. JSTOR 10.5951/teacchilmath.22.7.0398.
- Saltiel, Jennifer (25 April 2016). "How to Host a Make-Your-Own Pizza Party". Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Chase, Chris (1 November 2015). "Here's Roger Federer housing some pizza with ballkids". USA Today. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Knudson, Pamela. "How to throw an awesome personal pizza party", Grand Forks Herald (January 27, 2016).
- Hulin, Belinda. The Everything Pizza Cookbook: 300 Crowd-Pleasing Slices of Heaven, p. 13 (Everything Books, 2007).