Pilar Cristina Roxas Amador
16 March 1966
|Occupation||Actress, TV host, singer, model|
|Agent||Viva Artists Agency (1986-present)|
She is the youngest of three children from a Filipino family of Spanish descent. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall and has dark brown hair and eyes.
Amador graduated from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School with a master's degree in Acting, where she was awarded with two British Council scholarships due to excellence. She came to theatre via lead roles in plays I Ought to Be in Pictures, Agnes of God and The Foreigner for which she has won Aliw Awards for Best Stage Actress.
She then ventured into television and film and was cast in the original production of Miss Saigon in London. Since then, she has performed on tour in the UK, and continued her television and film career both in the UK and the Philippines, with over 70 plays and musicals to her credit, over 300 television appearances, and 60 films to date. Mostly known for her antagonist role in television and films, Amador finds it refreshing to once more play the other side of the spectrum in her current TV series. She was recently part of the TV remake Kaya Kong Abutin Ang Langit starring Angelika dela Cruz and Iza Calzado.
She finished filming You To Me Are Everything for GMA Films/Viva Films and is currently guesting in Magkaribal for ABS-CBN, and has just returned to essay her character Molly Corpuz in Momay, shown daily on ABS-CBN. She also appears as Baroness Elsa Schraeder in Resorts World Manila's production of The Sound of Music.
Awards and nominations
- 1983: Agnes of God - Aliw Award for Best Stage Actress
- 1987: The Foreigner - Aliw Award for Best Stage Actress
- 1987: Star Awards nomination for Best Newcomer - Magdusa Ka
- 1997: Parangal ng Bayan (National Young Achiever’s Award) for Arts & Culture
- 1998: Urian Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress - Sana’y Pag-ibig Na
- 2011: Zsa Zsa Zaturnah Ze Muzical Vack with a Vengeance - Gawad Buhay Awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical
- 2013: Piaf - Aliw Awards nomination for Best Actress in a Musical
|2018||Season of the Devil||Kwago|
|2017||Can't Help Falling in Love||Alma Aguinaldo|
|2013||She's The One||Wacky's Stepmother|
|2012||My Cactus Heart||Carlo's Mother|
|2011||Tween Academy: Class of 2012||Anna|
|2009||You to Me Are Everything||Estella Fernandez|
|You Got Me!||Kevin's Mother|
|Pacquiao: The Movie||Jinkee/Janet's Mother|
|2005||Mano Po 4: Ako Legal Wife||Elvie|
|2004||D' Anothers||Mrs. Tuken|
|Happily Ever After||Susan|
|Forever My Love||Troy's Mother|
|Kuya||Chloe and Grace's Mother|
|Sa Piling ng mga Belyas|
|Ang Tanging Ina||Ina Montecillo|
|Sex Drive||Sheila's mother|
|Ssshhh... She Walks by Night|
|Hesus Rebolusyonaryo||Lucia Sarmiento|
|2001||May Pag-ibig pa Kaya?||Ditas|
|Halik ng Sirena||Cily|
|Sa Huling Paghihintay||Danica|
|Sa Iyong mga Haplos|
|Nag-aapoy na Laman|
|1998||Sambahin ang Ngalan Mo||Pamela|
|Sana Pag-ibig Na|
|Kabilin-bilinan ni Lola|
|1994||Cuadro de Jack||Anna|
|1987||Anak ng Lupa|
- "Broadwayworld International Database". Archived from the original on 14 June 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2008.
- Pinky Amador The Official Website : Biography
- "Pinky Amador - Bio, Albums, Songs and Lyrics - OPM Filipino Music". Archived from the original on 28 April 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Pinky Amador The Official Website : Awards