Pier Street, Perth
The street originally continued north as far as Perth Oval. The crossing with the Armadale/Thornlie railway line (just north of Wellington Street) was a site of regular accidents before it was closed.
In the 1930s the northern portion, on the northern side of the railway passing through Perth, had a range of notable businesses located in the blocks between the railway and Newcastle Street. J. & E. Ledger was one such firm.
Hay Street intersection
- 1851 (Mechanics Hall on the front of building) - 1898
- 1901 name changed to Perth Literary Institute
- 1957 became the City of Perth Library (which moved to Council House, Perth in 1963)
Pier Street defines the eastern border of the city block known as Cathedral Square.
The Playhouse Theatre was located in Pier Street.
St Georges Terrace intersection
The Deanery is located on the corner of Pier Street and St Georges Terrace.
- "A FATAL ACCIDENT". Western Argus. 23, (5149). Western Australia. 1 August 1922. p. 22. Retrieved 20 March 2016 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Western Australia: An atlas of human endeavour: 1829–1979. Western Australia: Government Printer. 1979. p. 48.
- "The Origin of Perth's Names: City Streets". Stephen Yarrow. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014.
- Jo Darbyshire (2016)Peruse - a History of the City of Perth Library 1851-2016, Perth: City of Perth Library