Picture Mommy Dead
|Picture Mommy Dead|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bert I. Gordon|
|Produced by||Bert I. Gordon|
|Written by||Robert Sherman|
|Music by||Robert Drasnin|
|Edited by||John A. Bushelman|
|Distributed by||Embassy Pictures|
Susan Shelley thinks her father, Edward, killed her mother, Jessica, years ago. Newly released from an asylum after three years, she is reunited with her father and a new stepmother, Francene, but suspicious goings-on threaten to push her over the edge.
- Don Ameche as Edward Shelley
- Martha Hyer as Francene Shelley
- Susan Gordon as Susan Shelley
- Zsa Zsa Gabor as Jessica Flagmore Shelley
- Maxwell Reed as Anthony, the caretaker
- Wendell Corey as Lawyer Clayborn
- Signe Hasso as Sister René
- Anna Lee as Elsie Kornwald
- Kelly Corcoran as Little boy at estate sale
Gene Tierney was originally announced for a lead role and Hedy Lamarr was signed to support Ameche and Hyer. However, Lamarr was fired from the film when she collapsed during filming from nervous exhaustion. She was replaced by Gabor.
- "PICTURE MOMMY DEAD (X)". British Board of Film Classification. July 22, 1970. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Hedy Lamarr Fired From Comeback Film: HEDY LAMARR Berman, Art. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 04 Feb 1966: 3.
- "Picture Mommy Dead (1966) - Bert I. Gordon - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- Doris Day Director Named Martin, Betty. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 03 Dec 1965: d26.
- Duo Slated for 5 Pictures Martin, Betty. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 21 Jan 1966: c6.