Pick Me Up (magazine)
|Circulation||183,662 (ABC Jul - Dec 2013)|
Print and digital editions.
|First issue||January 2005|
June Smith-Sheppard was appointed editor of Pick Me Up for its launch in 2005. The Guardian referred to her as an "uncompromisingly ordinary launch editor, [that] offers a tantalising glimpse of the tongue-in-cheek items she hopes will define the new women's weekly.
- Jeremy Kyle: Jeremy wrote an agony uncle column for Pick Me Up, until September 2010, in the style of the talk show he presents, The Jeremy Kyle Show. He offers straight-talking advice to readers that need it.
- Claire Petulengro: Claire offers a complete weekly horoscope in every issue and makes daily updates on the Pick Me Up website.
- Dr Nicola Davies: Nicola is the investigative psychologist for the 'Making of a monster' column. This studies the psychological influences causing specific people to become notorious killers.
• GP Doctor Gary Bartlett is a regular contributor to writing the Instant Appointment column.
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: Pick Me Up". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Cozens, Claire (2005-08-18). "Pick Me Up proves real success". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Robinson, James (2005-01-16). "IPC gets real with racy new women's weekly". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- "Daily Horoscopes".
- "Curb The Chat Mags".
- Official site
- Article about the magazine in The Guardian
- Another article in The Guardian
- At the TI Media website.
- Detailed 50 page Pick Me Up magazine audit at maglab.org.uk.