Piccadilly Third Stop
Piccadilly Third Stop is a 1960 British thriller film directed by Wolf Rilla and starring Terence Morgan, Yoko Tani and John Crawford. The screenplay concerns a wealthy playboy who hires a gang of criminals to help him steal £100,000.
|Piccadilly Third Stop|
Original British quad poster by Nicola Simbari
|Directed by||Wolf Rilla|
|Produced by||Norman Williams |
|Written by||Leigh Vance|
|Music by||Philip Green|
|Edited by||Bernard Gribble|
Sydney Box Associates
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors (UK)|
|6 September 1960 (London) (UK)|
It was shot at Pinewood Studios and on location around London, including numerous locations around Belgravia. Holborn tube station filled in as the fiction "Belgravia station" on the Piccadilly line. The film's sets were designed by the art director Ernest Archer.
Crook Dominic Colpoys-Owen (Terence Morgan) has his eye on the loot inside an embassy in London, when foreign ambassador's daughter Seraphina (Yoko Tani) unwittingly reveals her father, away on business, has left big money behind in the safe. Colpoys-Owen works his smooth-talking charm on the innocent girl, who becomes so infatuated that she agrees to help his gang with its plan. This involves a robbery accessed from the London Underground on the embassy in Knightsbridge.
- Terence Morgan as Dominic Colpoys-Owen
- Yoko Tani as Seraphina Yokami
- John Crawford as Joe Pready
- Mai Zetterling as Christine Pready
- William Hartnell as Colonel
- Dennis Price as Edward
- Ann Lynn as Mouse
- Charles Kay as Toddy
- Doug Robinson as Albert
- Gillian Maude as Bride's Mother
- Trevor Reid as Bride's Father
- Ronald Leigh-Hunt as Police Sergeant
- Tony Hawes as Harry Prentice
- Clement Freud as Chemmy dealer
- Judy Huxtable as Angela Vaughan
- "Piccadilly Third Stop". BFI.
- "Piccadilly Third Stop (1960) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- David Parkinson. "Piccadilly Third Stop". RadioTimes.