Piano six hands
Music described as piano six hands (or piano trio). is for three pianists at one piano, as distinct from piano duet which is music for two pianists at one or two pianos. Because of the limited range available to each player, many of the pieces written for this combination are elementary in nature; many more are arrangements of pieces for other forces. But there are a small number of original works, and a handful of virtuoso three-player groups have emerged in the 21st century.
Compositions include five pieces by Percy Grainger, Sergei Rachmaninoff's Romance and Valse, Alfred Schnittke's Hommage, Carl Czerny's opp. 17, 84, 227–229, 295–298, 609, 689, 741 and 798, Jean Cras's "Âmes d’enfants", Paul Robinson's "Pensees" and "Montmartre", various pieces by German composer Armin Fuchs, Bulgarian composer Tomislav Baynov's "Metrorhythmia 1", John Pitts's "Are You Going?", Greek composer Dionysis Boukouvalas's "Fantasy on a theme by Steve Reich", Canadian composer Paul Frehner's "Slowdown", Malaysian composer Samuel Cho's "S[wim]".
- AXA: One Piano, Six Hands
- ATM Triet
- Severnside Composers Alliance
- Trio Philagrande
- "Piano Triets / Shows / Colston Hall".
- "Piano Music for Six Hands; The Shape of the Future? : Seen and Heard International".
- "Compositions". paulrobinsoncomposer.com.
- Fuchs, Armin. "Kompositionen". www.armin-fuchs.com.
- "baynov-piano.de". www.baynov-piano.de.
- Anne Salié (18 March 2007). "three girls and one piano- Some Handsome Hands" – via YouTube.
- veseli601 (16 July 2009). "Tomislav Baynov Metrorhythmia 1 for Piano Six Hands" – via YouTube.
- "Are you going? for piano triet - Hyperion Records - CDs, MP3 and Lossless downloads". www.hyperion-records.co.uk.
- "S[wim] (2016) for three pianists, one piano". SAMUEL CHO. Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- User, Super. "AXA: One Piano, Six Hands". www.megarogyzi.gr.
- "Severnside Composers' Alliance". www.severnsidecomposersalliance.co.uk.
- "Trio PhilaGrande". sites.google.com.