Philippines at the 1974 Asian Games
The Philippines participated in the 1974 Asian Games held in Tehran, Iran from September 1 to September 16, 1974. Ranked 15th with no gold medals, 2 silver medals and 11 bronze medals with a total of 13 over-all medals.
|Philippines at the|
1974 Asian Games
|NOC||Philippine Olympic Committee|
|Asian Games appearances (overview)|
Asian Games performance
No gold medal. The country's production was only a pair of silvers by swimmer Gerardo "Ral" Rosario and 11 bronzes. Rosario placed second in both the 100-meter backstroke and 200-meter backstroke to become the only notable achiever in the country's worst performance ever in Asian Games history. The country sent 98 athletes and competed in 14 sports.
- Gerardo "Ral" Rosario (Also won two bronzes as part of the 4 x 100-meter freestyle and 4 x 200-meter freestyle relays)
- Jairulla Jaitulla (four bronze medals, 200-meter individual medley and was part of the 4 x 100-meter freestyle, 4 x 200-meter freestyle and 4 x 100-meter medley teams)
- Nancy Dano (four bronze medals, 100-meter breastroke, 200-meter breastroke, 200-meter individual medley and 4 x 100-meter medley relay)
- Aquilino Nicolas (boxing, light middleweight)
- Edwin Borja (1,500-meter freestyle)
- Betina Abdula, Grace Justimbaste, Susan Papa and Deano (4 x 100-meter medley relay)
- Rosario, Sukarmo Maut, Dae Imlani and Jaitulla (4 x 100-meter freestyle relay)
- George Earnshaw (trap shooting)