Walter Peter Swanwick (29 September 1922 – 14 November 1968) was a British actor best remembered as the "Supervisor" (sometimes called the Controller) in the 1967 TV series, The Prisoner.
in The Prisoner (1967)
Walter Peter Swanwick
29 September 1922
|Died||14 November 1968 (aged 46)|
London, England, UK
Swanwick's film career began with bit parts in films such as The African Queen (1951), and he became a recognisable face on British TV during the mid-1960s when he featured in a number of series, including The Avengers and Danger Man where he first worked with later Prisoner star and co-creator, Patrick McGoohan.
Swanwick played the non-singing part of Herr Zeller in the original London stage production of The Sound Of Music.
- Lilli Marlene (1950) - Chief Interrogator
- Madame Louise (1951) - Bradford businessman (uncredited)
- The African Queen (1951) - First Officer of Shona
- Old Mother Riley's Jungle Treasure (1951) - Mr. Benson
- Salute the Toff (1952) - Night Porter (uncredited)
- Private Information (1952) - Minor Role (uncredited)
- Emergency Call (1952) - Police Sergeant
- Time Gentlemen, Please! (1952) - Jeremiah Higgins
- No Haunt for a Gentleman (1952) - Brother Ravioli
- Circumstantial Evidence (1952) - Charley Pott
- Lady in the Fog (1952) - Smithers
- Cosh Boy (1953) - Mr. Wimbush (uncredited)
- Street Corner (1953) - Mr. Propert (uncredited)
- The Red Beret (1953) - Minor Role (uncredited)
- Albert R.N. (1953) - Obergefreiter
- Stryker of the Yard (1953)
- Devil on Horseback (1954) - Mr. Parfitt
- Conflict of Wings (1954) - Sergeant, Working Party
- Betrayed (1954) - Fat Major (uncredited)
- The Black Rider (1954) - Holiday-maker
- Delavine Affair (1955) - Meyerling
- The Colditz Story (1955) - Lutyens
- The Love Match (1955) - Mr. Hall
- Windfall (1955) - (uncredited)
- Passport to Treason (1955) - Cafe Proprietor
- The March Hare (1956) - Nils Svenson
- Bond of Fear (1956) - Travelling Salesman
- Assignment Redhead (1956) - Mons. Paul Bonnet
- Ill Met by Moonlight (1957) - German Officer with Gen. Brauer (uncredited)
- You Pay Your Money (1957) - Hall Porter
- Murder Reported (1957) - Hatter
- Kill Me Tomorrow (1957) - Harrison
- The Big Chance (1957) - Passport Official
- Death Over My Shoulder (1958) - Nick Dayton
- The Two-Headed Spy (1958) - Gen. Toppe
- Operation Amsterdam (1959) - Peter
- Life in Danger (1959) - Dr. Nichols
- The Desperate Man (1959) - Hoad
- Circus of Horrors (1960) - German Police Inspector Knopf
- The Trunk (1961) - Nicholas Steiner
- Double Bunk (1961) - Freighter Pilot
- The Devil's Daffodil (1961) - Polizist (uncredited)
- Invasion Quartet (1961) - Gun Commander
- Fate Takes a Hand (1961) - Preeny
- Mystery Submarine (1963) - Lt. Lyncker
- The Gentle Terror (1963) - 1st Auditor
- Secrets of a Windmill Girl (1966) - Len Mason
- The Devil Rides Out (1968) - Satanist (uncredited)
- The Looking Glass War (1969) - Finnish Policeman (final film role)
- Marshall, Rodney; Denham, Sam; Ginez, Bernard; Cogzell, Richard; Shailes, Frank; Johnson, Piers; Hui, Frank; Burch, Darren; Gordon, Margaret J.; Ferguson, J. Z.; Swift, Sunday; Humphries-Brooks, Lauren; Lee, Matthew; Saunders, Mark; O'Shea, Dan. "Anticlockwise". Lulu.com – via Google Books.
- "Peter Swanwick".
- "Peter Swanwick - Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "Unmutual Prisoner Village People - Peter Swanwick (McGoohan/Portmeirion)". www.theunmutual.co.uk.
- "The Avengers Forever: Peter Swanwick". theavengers.tv.
- Monush, Barry (1 February 2015). "The Sound of Music FAQ: All That's Left to Know About Maria, the von Trapps, and Our Favorite Things". Hal Leonard Corporation – via Google Books.