|Died||November 2011 (aged 81–82)|
Sydney, New South Wales
|Occupation||Actor and voice artist|
|Known for||Return to Eden|
Born in New Zealand, Gwynne was a well-recognised character actor, appearing in many of the significant television productions of the 1970s onwards, including Cop Shop, Boney, Division 4, Homicide, Matlock Police, Flying Doctors, Return to Eden, A Country Practice and many more.
He is best remembered internationally as Bill McMaster, Stephanie Harper's General Manager at Harper Mining in both the 1983 mini-series & the 1986 series of Return To Eden.
Peter Gwynne was married to actress Cecily Polson, the two never had children. Peters Mother (Dorothy Wall) was born in Springwood, New South Wales and moved to NZ after she married Dr. Frank Qwynne from Christchurch. Peter last resided at Lane Cove in Sydney NSW, he died on 17 November 2011, aged 82.
- Seven Little Australians (1973)
- Matlock Police (regular cast member: 1975-6)
- Dot and the Kangaroo (1977)
- Against the Wind (1978)
- Tim (1979) (with Mel Gibson)
- Peach’s Gold – Land of Gold (1983)
- Grave of the President (1984)
- Mother and Son (Episode: The Funeral) (1984)
- Bodyline (1984)
- Track Record: The Story of Australia’s Railways - Tethered to the World (1991)
- Old Scores (1991)
- G.P. (Episode: A Very Suburban Coup) (1992)
- The Nostradamus Kid (1993)
- Over the Hill (1994-1995)
- The Magic Pudding (2000) Benjamin Brandysnap
- Australia (2008) (with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman)
- "Peter Gwynne". Australian Screen. National Film & Sound Archive. Retrieved 11 August 2013.