Peter Bradshaw (aeronautical engineer)
Peter Bradshaw FRS (born 26 December 1935) is an aeronautical engineer specialising in fluid mechanics.
He worked at the National Physical Laboratory in the Aerodynamics Division until 1969. Following this he was Professor of Experimental Aerodynamics at the Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College, London University until 1988.
He is the author or co-author of a number of textbooks on fluid dynamics.
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics, (Pergamon, Oxford 1964, 1970)
- An Introduction to Turbulence and Its Measurement, (Pergamon, Oxford 1971, 1975)
- Momentum Transfer in Boundary Layers, (with T. Cebeci; Hemisphere, New York 1977)
- Engineering Calculation Methods for Turbulent Flows, (with T. Cebeci and J.H. Whitelaw; Academic Press, London 1981, 1985)
- Physical and Computational Aspects of Convective Heat Transfer, (with T. Cebeci;Springer, New York 1984, 1988)
Honours and awards
- 1971 Bronze Medal of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- 1981 Fellow of the Royal Society
- 1990 Hon. D.Sc., Exeter University
- 1994 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Fluid Dynamics Award