Peter Bourke (footballer, born 1966)
|Date of birth||23 May 1966|
|Draft||No. 31, 1989 pre-season draft|
|Height||173 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1991.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Bourke, who played his early football at Mitcham, spent some time at Richmond but was unable to secure senior selection. He was playing for Box Hill when was signed by Essendon and he made his VFL debut late in the 1988 season, against Collingwood.
Fitzroy, a club Bourke had trialled with prior to joining Essendon, selected him in the 1989 Pre-season Draft. He played 13 games for Fitzroy in 1989, five in 1990 and four in 1991.
In 1995, Bourke represented Box Hill in the VFA Grand Final against Sandringham, which they lost by nine points.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- The Age, "Six put themselves up for grabs", 9 March 1989, p. 31
- "Bourke, Peter". Essendon Football Club. Archived from the original on 24 April 2012.
- AFL Tables: Peter Bourke
- Canberra Times, "Demons draft rower, American footballer", 23 March 1989, p. 20
- "Famous Box Hill Teams". Box Hill Hawks Football Club. Archived from the original on 13 December 2013.