Pete versus Life
Pete versus Life is a Channel 4 sitcom created by George Jeffrie and Bert Tyler-Moore. It stars Rafe Spall and the first episode was aired on 6 August 2010. It was recommissioned for a second series after averaging 1.6 million viewers and a young demographic during its first run, and series two started airing on 21 October 2011.
|Pete Versus Life|
|Created by||George Jeffrie|
Scarlett Alice Johnson
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Objective Productions|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||6 August 2010 –|
9 December 2011
The programme follows the misadventures of Pete Griffiths, a budding sports journalist in London struggling with both his personal and professional life, dealing with issues such as relationships and trying to find work as a major reporter. He often finds himself in socially awkward situations and can never quite find the right things to say. Whilst he goes about his everyday doings, he is commentated on by two announcers as if his life were a sports broadcast. The two commentators often cringe at the humiliating positions Pete ends up in, and are unprofessional in their approach. One of the commentators, Terry McIllroy, is an ex-professional footballer and is loosely based on real life co-commentator and former Sky Sports pundit, Andy Gray.
- Rafe Spall as Pete Griffiths
- Joseph Kloska as Rob
- Pippa Duffy as Anna
- Reece Ritchie as Ollie
- Chris Geere as Kurt
- Daniel Ings as Jake Oakman
- Philip Jackson as Frank Griffiths
- Susannah Fielding as Chloe Richardson
- Scarlett Alice Johnson as Trish
- Simon Greenall as Colin King
- Ian Kirkby as Terry McIlroy
- Catherine Russell as Jen
- Pete Versus Life wins second series | News | Broadcast
- "ABC2 Programming Airdate: Pete Versus Life (episode one)". ABC Television Publicity. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "ABC2 Programming Airdate: Pete Versus Life (episode one)". ABC Television Publicity. Retrieved 6 March 2012.