It is located in the province of Western Finland, next to Jyväskylä and is part of the Central Finland region. The municipality has a population of 3,886 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 495.41 square kilometres (191.28 sq mi) of which 39.01 km2 (15.06 sq mi) is water. The population density is 8.51 inhabitants per square kilometre (22.0/sq mi).
Coat of arms
Location of Petäjävesi in Finland
|Coordinates: 62°15.5′N 025°11′E|
|• Municipal manager||Eero Vainio|
|• Total||495.41 km2 (191.28 sq mi)|
|• Land||456.38 km2 (176.21 sq mi)|
|• Water||39.01 km2 (15.06 sq mi)|
|Area rank||192nd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||202nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||8.51/km2 (22.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.2%|
|• 15 to 64||62%|
|• 65 or older||19.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
Petäjävesi is a municipality of Finland.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The Karikkoselkä impact crater is located southeast of the municipal centre.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population by municipality as of 31 December 2006". Population Information System (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Petäjävesi (kunta)". Järviwiki. Finland's Environmental Administration. 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Petäjävesi.|
- Municipality of Petäjävesi – Official website, finnish, english