Pertamina Energy Tower
Pertamina Energy Tower is a 99-storey, 530-metre (1,740 ft) skyscraper currently on hold in Jakarta, Indonesia. It was designed and planned by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) , a private architecture and engineering company, and it was supposed to be the new HQ of the state-owned energy company Pertamina.
|Pertamina Energy Tower|
|Type||Office, observation, energy|
|Location||Kav. Rasuna Off Park (ROP) Unit XO-02, JL. HR. Rasuna Said -, South Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Architectural||523 metres (1,716 ft)|
|Tip||523 metres (1,716 ft)|
|Top floor||515 metres (1,690 ft)|
|Floor area||495,000 m2 (5,328,100 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM)|
|Structural engineer||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM)|
The tower is to have a dual structural system composed of a central reinforced concrete core and a perimeter composite moment frame. The two systems are connected at regular intervals along the height using steel outrigger and belt trusses.
Postponement of the construction
Restart of a scaled-down tower
CNN reported in 19 April 2016 that a scaled-down 30-storey tower (instead of the original 99 storey) will be restarted by a local state-owned bank PT Bank Negara Indonesia Tbk (BNI)
- "Pertamina Tower". The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Djumena, Erlangga, ed. (1 June 2015). "Pembangunan Pertamina Tower Ditunda" [The Building of Pertamina Tower is Delayed]. Kompas (in Indonesian). Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Besjak, Charles; Biswas, Preetam; Petrov, Georgi I.; Meinschein, Gavin; Jordan, Alexander (2015). "New Heights in Sustainability—Pertamina Energy Tower". Structures Congress 2015. pp. 945–960. doi:10.1061/9780784479117.081. ISBN 9780784479117.
- Charles Besjak, Preetam Biswas, Georgi I. Petrov, Matthew Streeter, Devin Austin (2017). "Effects of Perimeter to Core Connectivity on Tall Building Behavior". International Journal of High-Rise Buildings. 6 (1).CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "National energy company delays major non-core investment". Nikkei Asian Review. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "BNI Teruskan Ambisi Pertamina Bangun Menara Tinggi di Ibukota" [BNI Continues Ambition of Pertamina to Build High Tower in the Capital]. CNN (in Indonesian). 19 April 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2017.