Perrette Pradier (born Perrette Marie Mathilde Chevau; 17 April 1938 – 16 January 2013) was a French actress and voice actress. She is best known for her work as a voice actress which earned her the nickname of "Queen" or "High Priestess" of dubbing.
Perrette Marie Mathilde Chevau
April 17, 1938
|Died||January 16, 2013 74) (aged|
|Occupation||Actress, voice actress, art director|
Pradier was born in Hanoi, French Indochina. Two years after making her film début, in 1961, she was awarded the Prix Suzanne Bianchetti as most promising new actress in France for her performance as "Amenita" in the Sacha Guitry film, "Stop Thief." That year she gained further recognition for her role as "Constance Bonacieux" in two films based on the Three Musketeers. Throughout the 1960s, she appeared in a number of films in her native France, then was contracted for Hollywood productions that included the Fred Zinnemann film Behold a Pale Horse (1964) starring luminaries Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn, and Omar Sharif. She returned to English-language filming in the Universal Studios thriller, House of Cards (1968) with Orson Welles and George Peppard.
In her long career, Perrette Pradier has also worked in live theatre, appearing in plays such as La Bonne Addresse as well as the longest running French play ever produced, Boeing Boeing. In 1994, she was the voice of "Sarafina" in the French version of the Walt Disney Studios animated feature film, The Lion King.
- Le Roi Lion (The Lion King) (1994) (voice)
- Le Big Bang (1987) (voice)
- Fiével et le nouveau monde (An American tail) (1986)
- Les Dalton en cavale (1983) (voice)
- Comme une femme (1980)
- Le Comédien (1976) (TV)
- Le Temps de vivre, le temps d'aimer (1973) TV Miniseries
- Céleste (1970)
- House of Cards (1968)
- Au théâtre ce soir: Boléro (1968) (TV)
- Le Judoka, agent secret (Judoka-Secret Agent) (1966)
- L' Homme d'Istamboul (That Man in Istanbul) (1965)
- Furia à Bahia pour OSS 117 (OSS 117: Mission for a Killer) (1965)
- L' Amour à la chaine (Tight Skirts, Loose Pleasures) (1964)
- Behold a Pale Horse (1964)
- Des frissons partout (Jeff Gordon, Secret Agent) (1963)
- Blague dans le coin (1963)
- Les Saintes nitouches (Wild Living) (1962)
- Le Crime ne paie pas (Crime Does Not Pay) (1962)
- The Burning Court (La chambre ardente) (1962)
- Les Sept péchés capitaux (The Seven Deadly Sins) (1962)
- Les Amours de Paris (Paris Loves) (1961)
- Le Jeu de la vérité (The Game of Truth) (1961)
- The Three Musketeers (1961)
- The Nabob Affair (1960)
- La Brune que voilà (There Is the Brunette) (1960)
- Les Scélérats (The Wretches) (1959)
- Hamani, Cynthia (January 16, 2013). "Décès de la reine du doublage, Perrette Pradier" (in French). L'Express. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "La voix d'E.T est morte" (in French). Premiere.fr. January 16, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-01-18. Retrieved 17 January 2013.