Pauline Étienne in June 2014
|Born||26 June 1989|
Life and career
Pauline Étienne grew up in Ixelles. She had an early interest in the theatre and music and joined a theatre workshop in her adolescence.
At age 18, she made her debut on the screen with a minor role in the film Élève libre directed by Joachim Lafosse. Her breakthrough came with Le Bel Âge in which she played opposite Michel Piccoli, and for which she won an actress prize at the Festival international des jeunes réalisateurs de Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Her work in Qu'un seul tienne et les autres suivront, directed by Léa Fehner, won her the Prix Lumière best actress newcomer award, then the Étoile d'or de la presse de la révélation féminine in 2010. In 2013 she appeared in a new screen version of Denis Diderot's The Nun.
- 2008 : Private Lessons directed by Joachim Lafosse - Delphine
- 2009 : Le Bel Âge directed by Laurent Perreau - Claire
- 2009 : Silent Voice directed by Léa Fehner - Laure
- 2010 : Black Heaven directed by Gilles Marchand - Marion
- 2012 : Paradis perdu directed by Ève Deboise - Lucie
- 2013 : The Nun, directed by Guillaume Nicloux - Suzanne Simonin
- 2013 : 2 Autumns, 3 Winters directed by Sébastien Betbeder - Lucie
- 2014 : Eden directed by Mia Hansen-Løve - Louise
- 2014 : Tokio Fiancée directed by Stefan Liberski - Amélie
- 2017 : The Midwife
- Short films
- 2010 : Where the Boys Are? directed by Bertrand Bonello - Pauline
- 2010 : Élena directed by Yannick Muller - Elena
- 2010 : Un certain dimanche directed by Tatiana Margaux Bonhomme - Jeanne
- 2011 : Comme des héros directed by Véronique Jadin - Rose
- 2011 : La France qui se lève tôt directed by Hugo Chesnard - Aurélie
- 2011 : Leçon de conduite directed by Élodie Lélue - Manon
- 2012 : Une place directed by Arnaud Aussibal
Awards and nominations
- 2009: Best actress at the International festival of young directors, Saint-Jean-de-Luz (Festival international des jeunes réalisateurs de Saint-Jean-de-Luz) for Le Bel Âge
- 2010: Lumières Award for Most Promising Actress for Qu'un seul tienne et les autres suivront.
- 2010: Gold star for Best actress newcomer /Étoile d'or de la révélation féminine for Qu'un seul tienne et les autres suivront.
- 2010: César nomination for best actress newcomer/César du meilleur espoir féminin for Qu'un seul tienne et les autres suivront
- 2011: Magritte Award, Most Promising Actress for Élève libre
- 2014: Magritte Award, Best Actress for The Nun
- 2015: Magritte nomination, Best Actress for Tokyo Fiancée