Paul Cashmere is an Australian entrepreneur, broadcaster, music journalist and media executive. In 1994 he founded the digital music CD-ROM magazine, Undercover, with Australian photographer, Ros O'Gorman. In September, 2011 Cashmere and O'Gorman founded the Noise Network and launched Noise11.com. As of September, 2011, Cashmere was CEO and executive producer of The Noise Network Pty Ltd.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Occupation||Music journalist, media executive|
|Known for||CEO of Undercover News, Noise11 media & entertainment websites|
In August, 1977 Paul Cashmere began working on Australian radio stations, starting at 2AD, Armidale, NSW in 1977 then at Nowra-based 2ST (1978 to 1981), EON-FM now 3MMM (1981-1983) and then Fox FM (1983-1984). He then moved to 2WL, Wollongong (owned by Fairfax Media) and became Program Director. When 2WL was sold to Mark Day's ACE Radio Network he became Program Director of the network. In the 1991 Cashmere became the National Program Director of Syndication for Austereo.
Cashmere and partner Ros O'Gorman founded Undercover in 1995. Undercover was the original music partner for the launch of Yahoo and AOL in 1998 in Australia. He then held a board position with digital broadcast company Whoopi Ltd from 1999 to 2001. From 2004 to 2007 Cashmere was the Australian and Senior Vice President of Media and Content for Nasdaq listed Roo Group in New York. He served as Executive Director of GoConnect from 2010 until June 2011. In September 2011 Cashmere founded The Noise Network and established music news and interviews channel Noise11.com. In November 2011 and again in November 2015 he addressed the annual Face the Music conference in the Arts Centre, Melbourne.
Cashmere has also appeared on Australian television, commenting on the music industry. He occasionally appears on Weekend Sunrise and The Project and in the past has appeared on Today Tonight, RocKwiz, Hey Hey It's Saturday and A Current Affair.
Cashmere and O'Gorman have two children, Tim Cashmere and Haylee Cashmere. Both Tim (music writer, interviewer and photographer) and Haylee (production manager, photographer and music writer) have worked for Undercover and Noise11.
- "Paul Cashmere: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Big Sound 2008 – Music Industry Summit & Showcase: Paul Cashmere - CEO, Undercover Media (AUS)". Q Music (Qld Music Network). 10–12 September 2008. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Cashmere, Paul (4 June 2012). "Happy 40th Radio 2ST". Noise11. Noise Network. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Paul Cashmere – Undercover, Roo Media". Australian Music Online. Government of Australia. 2 March 2006. Archived from the original on 2 January 2007. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "GoConnect Tunes up to Channel Music". The Australian. News Limited. 5 April 2010. p. 25. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Face The Music 2011 Announced". Freeza. Government of Victoria. 19 August 2011. Archived from the original on 26 September 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2012.