Paul Joseph Boyle, geographer, academic, and academic administrator. He was the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Leicester between 2014 and 2019. He had been Professor of Human Geography at the University of St Andrews from 1999 to 2014, and Chief Executive of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) from 2010 to 2014. He took over as Vice-Chancellor of Swansea University at the end of the 2018/2019 academic year.(born 16 November 1964) is a British
In 2006, Boyle was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (FRSE). In 2013, he was elected a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA), the United Kingdom's national academy for the social sciences and humanities. In the 2016 New Year Honours, he was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) "for services to social science".
- Martin, Dan (5 March 2019). "Why University of Leicester vice-chancellor Paul Boyle is leaving his £285k job". Leicester Mercury. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- 'BOYLE, Prof. Paul Joseph', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 8 Oct 2017
- "The President and Vice-Chancellor: Professor Paul Boyle CBE FBA FRSE". University of Leicester. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- Elmes, John (20 November 2014). "Q&A with Paul Boyle". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "New head unveiled at Swansea University". BBC News. 5 March 2019. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- "Professor Paul Boyle". The British Academy. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "No. 61450". The London Gazette (Supplement). 30 December 2015. p. N8.
Sir Robert Burgess
| Vice-Chancellor of the University of Leicester