Patient is a subsidiary of EMIS Health. First launching in 1996 as a directory of UK websites providing health related information, the company now provides digital healthcare products to the general public in the form of Patient.info and Patient Access.
|Industry||Medicine and Healthcare|
Patient.info is an online resource providing information on health, lifestyle, disease and other medical related topics. The website's aim is to provide members of the public with up-to-date information on health related topics in the form of comprehensive leaflets (which can be read online or printed), blogs, wellbeing advice and videos. Leaflets are compiled and reviewed by qualified medical practitioners with several years of experience in the medical profession. Users also have access to a symptom checker where they may attempt to self-diagnose any health condition they may have. As well as these resources, there is also a community forum to discuss any health topics with other users of the website, however this section is not actively reviewed by any healthcare professionals..
Another section of the website contains articles and content geared towards medical professionals. These professional articles are typically written in a more technical manner, going into more specific detail and using more industry-specific language and jargon.
In 2013, the site appeared in a "Top 50 websites" feature published in The Times.
Users are able to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, send messages to their practice, and view their medical records remotely. Individual GP practices have control over which services they provide to their patients.
- Which Joint Top Health Website - November 2010
- BMA Highly Commended Resource Award - BMA Patient Information Awards 2012
- The Times Top Health Website - January 2013
- Website of the Year Awards 2014 - Best Health Website - November 2014
- Medilink Yorkshire and Humber Healthcare Business Awards 2013 - Harrison Goddard Innovation Award for Patient Access app - March 2014
- "About Us". Patient. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "PatientPro". Patient. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Our editorial policy and practice". Patient. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Lewy, Ruth (25 January 2013). "50 top websites you can't live without". The Times.
- "How does Patient Access work?". Patient. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "Patient Access homepage". Patient. Retrieved 19 October 2010.