Part-Time Wife is a low budget black and white 1961 British comedy film.
Nyree Dawn Porter
|Produced by||Edward J. Danziger|
Harry Lee Danziger
|Written by||H.M. McCormack|
|Starring||Anton Rogers |
Nyree Dawn Porter
|Cinematography||Walter J. Harvey|
|Edited by||John Dunsford|
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation (UK)|
|December 1961 (UK)|
Footloose and fancy-free bachelor Drew needs to find a wife to impress a visiting rich uncle. The uncle has made it clear Drew will only inherit his business when he's married and respectable. Drew's friends Tom and Jenny agree to help him out by allowing Jenny to pose as his wife. Tom is a struggling insurance salesman, and Drew promises him a big insurance deal to add incentive. Farcical complications ensue.
- Tom - Anton Rodgers
- Jenny - Nyree Dawn Porter
- Drew - Kenneth J. Warren
- Whitworth - Henry McCarthy
- Detective - Mark Singleton
- Detective - Neil Hallett
- Miss Aukland - Susan Richards
- Barnsdale - Raymond Rollett
- Blonde - June Cunningham
- Miss Fallon - Dudy Nimmo
- Receptionist - Anna Gerber
- Bartender - Jan Conrad
- Police Sergeant - Alan Browning
- Joe - Max Butterfield
- Al - George Roderick
- Phil - Michael Peake
The Radio Times gave the film two out of five stars, writing, "competent performances fail to add sparkle to the tired plot", while myreviewer.com wrote, "whilst you won’t laugh aloud, it’ll certainly raise a warm smile. It’s also a great little time-capsule to what looks and feels like a completely different world."
- "Part-time Wife (1961)". BFI.
- Sandra Brennan. "Part-Time Wife (1961) - Max Varnel - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Network ON AIR > Part Time Wife". networkonair.com.
- Dick Fiddy. "Part-Time Wife". RadioTimes.
- "myReviewer.com - Review for Part Time Wife". myreviewer.com.