PL25 (Parseval-Luftschiff 25) was a non-rigid military airship made in 1914/15 by the Luft-Fahrzeug-Gesellschaft in Bitterfeld and was the last single-gondola Parseval. At the same time it was one of the largest non-rigid airships before the second world war. Its maiden flight was on 25 February 1915. It had a slim teardrop-shaped hull.
|First flight||25 February 1915|
|Primary user||Imperial German Navy|
PL25 served in the Navy, starting with 10 test flights. After 41 reconnaissance missions over the North sea, the ship undertook 34 flights as a training ship based from Tønder.
As defence against enemy aircraft a machine gun stand was fitted to the hull's top.
The ship was stationed from 1915-03-25 to 3. November 1915 at Tønder and from 4. November 1915 to 29. März 1916 in Fuhlsbüttel. Hauptmann Stelling and Hauptmann Manger were its commanders.
PL25 was put out of service on 1916-03-30 and dismantled in the Siemens-Hangar at Berlin-Biesdorf (in Marzahn-Hellersdorf, Berlin). PL 25 made 95 flights.
- Length: 112.3 m (368 ft 5 in)
- Diameter: 16.40 m (53 ft 10 in)
- Volume: 14,000 m3 (494,000 ft3)
- Powerplant: 2 × Maybach C-X, 154 kW (206 hp) each
- Maximum speed: 76 km/h (48 mph)
- 1 × trainable machine gun atop envelope
- de:Parseval PL25, German Wikipedia entry