Paolo Ferrari (actor)
Ferrari in 1961
|Born||February 26, 1929|
|Died||May 6, 2018 89) (aged|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, television presenter|
(m. 1956; div. 19??)
Laura Tavanti (m. 1970)
|Children||3, including Fabio Ferrari|
Ferrari was born in Brussels as his father was at the time the Italian consul in the Belgian Congo, and was in Belgium for a diplomatic mission. His mother, Giulietta, was a concert pianist. He made his acting debut at 9 years old, in Alessandro Blasetti's Ettore Fieramosca and he appeared in over 45 films between 1938 and 2018. He became first known as "the balilla Paolo", a character he played in numerous radio programs for children and teenagers during the fascist era. After the war he studied at the Silvio d’Amico Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Kean (1940)
- Odessa in Flames (1942)
- Toto Seeks Peace (1954)
- Susanna Whipped Cream (1957)
- Legs of Gold (1958)
- Le signore (1960)
- Akiko (1961)
- I Don Giovanni della Costa Azzurra (1962)
- White Voices (1964)
- Lo scippo (1965)
- Pronto... c'è una certa Giuliana per te (1967)
- A Man for Emmanuelle (1969)
- Once a Year, Every Year (1994)
- "Paolo Ferrari's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Gerardo Di Cola. Le voci del tempo perduto: la storia del doppiaggio e dei suoi interpreti dal 1927 al 1970. Èdicola, 2004. ISBN 8882670236.
- Peppino Ortoleva, Barbara Scaramucci. Enciclopedia della radio. Garzanti, 2003. ISBN 881150497X.
- RaiNews.it. "È morto Paolo Ferrari, grande attore di teatro, cinema e televisione". Retrieved 6 May 2018.