Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan
Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) is a group of schools located in Chennai, India. The school was founded by educationalist Rajalakshmi Parthasarathy (1925–2019), also known as Dr. Mrs. Y. G. Parthasarathy or Mrs. YGP.
|Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan Senior Secondary School|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Bangalore in Karnataka, and now a proposed branch in Cuddalore
|Motto||"Knowledge is Power"|
|School district||Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Hyderabad|
|Dean||Padmashree Dr. Smt. Rajalakshmi Parthasarathy|
|Principal||Mrs. S. Vasanthi (Nungambakkam Branch) Geetha Govindarajan(KK Nagar Branch);|
|Grades||K to Grade 12|
|Number of students||12000|
|School colour(s)||Bright blue and Dark Blue|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education, India|
|Information||29 Alagirisami Salai, K.K.Nagar, Chennai – 600 078 (Ph: +91 44 23663165); 15 Lake First Main Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034 (Ph: +91 44 28172459)|
|Uniform||Primary(LKG, UKG):Red/green checked shirts, red/green shorts in alternate years and similar for girls. High School(1st-5th): blue checked shirts, blue shorts and similar for girls. Secondary(6th-8th): Ashfab colours: brown Striped shirts, brown shorts/pants and pink salwar kameez for girls.
Senior Secondary(9th-12th) Yellow and grey checks with grey pant for boys and Grey jacket, grey pants and checks top for girls.White uniform on Mondays
- PSBB K.K.Nagar
- PSBB Nungambakkam, PSBB Lake Area, also known as Main School, the oldest branch of the PSBB group of schools
- PSBB T.P.Road (T. Nagar), an annexe of Nungambakkam
- PSBB Siruseri, at the L&T Eden Park, the newest branch of the PSBB group of schools
- PSBB Millennium School, Grand Southern Trunk Road (Nursery), Porur, DLF Garden City, Thazhambur, OMR (for classes Pre-KG to Std. XII (as from the academic year 2015–16)
- PSBB Learning Leadership Academy ( Lakshmipura,in Bannerghatta Road )
- The PSBB Millennium School, Somayampalayam
- PSBB Millennium School
- The PSBB Millenium School
The PSBB School in Nungambakkam was established in 1958 by a group of housewives of the Nungambakkam Ladies Recreation Club. There were 13 students in a thatched shed on the terrace of the residence of the dean and director of the school, Mrs. Y. G. Parthasarathy. The land was donated by the family of famous Table Tennis Player, Venugopal Chandrasekhar. At the time the school did not have many facilities. Today the school has six branches (including PSBB Millennium) with over 8000 students and 500 staff members.
In 1959, one year after its inception, the school shifted to a campus of its own at the present premises in Nungambakkam. It followed the Madras Matriculation System unit of Madras University. As the school grew, the need to extend its branches arose and thus emerged the T. P. Road Junior School in 1971, as an annex to the school in Nungambakkam. In 1978, the school was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Educations, New Delhi.
In 1976 another branch of the PSBB School, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, was started in a residential area of K. K. Nagar with 5-acre (20,000 m2) surroundings. The K. K. Nagar branch has seen forty eight batches pass out. PSBB adopted the shift system in the 1970s and 1980s to satisfy the growing demands of the residents of the city. PSBB has been visited by (former) President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. The K. K. Nagar branch is one of its biggest schools in the city.
In 2010, Mrs.Y.G. Parthasarathy, Dean of the PSBB Schools, received the Padma Shri in Education and Literature from the Government of India.
In 2012–2013, the PSBB group of schools, headquartered at Nungambakkam was ranked first in the South zone and came third in India under the Day Schools Category as per the EducationWorld – C Fore Survey 2011.
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Indian Cricketer, IPL Team Captain
- Subramaniam Badrinath, Indian Cricketer
- Anand Shankar, Tamil film director
- Lavanya Sundararaman, Carnatic singer
- Shobana Vignesh, Carnatic Singer
- Venkatesan Guruswami, Computer Scientist
- Kannan Soundararajan, Mathematician
- Sharath Kamal,Table Tennis player, National and Commonwealth Table Tennis Champion
- Anirudh Ravichander, Music director
- Naga Chaitanya, Film actor
- Harini, Playback singer
- Chetan Baboor, Table-Tennis Player. National Table Tennis Champion.
- Kalidas Jayaram, Film actor
- Anuradha Sriram, Playback Singer
- Allu Arjun, Film Actor
- Suriya, Film Actor
- Vijay Siva - Leading Carnatic Vocalist
- Prof S Sudarshan, Dept of Computer Science, IIT Bombay
- Prof Anand Sivasubramaniam, Computer Scientist, Pennsylvania State University
- Prof P Chandramouli, IIT Madras
- N Krishnakumar, CTO Delta Airlines
- S Krishnan, IAS, Finance Secretary, Government of Tamil Nadu
- A.R.Rahman,Music Director
The PSBB Millennium School, Chennai Jeyaram Lakshman
- "PSBB schools' achievements lauded". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 22 February 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Never say impossible, Kalam tells students". The Hindu. 2 December 2005. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Nima Rakheja. "India's Most Respected Schools 2011". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 22 January 2013.